Once you have figured out the why, when, and where to register for gifts, the fun of actually making your wish list can begin. It’s exciting, maybe a bit intimidating, and probably more time-consuming than you expect. We’re here to help you make sure that you get all the info you need.
Here are the questions you should ask your gift registry consultant:
- Do you offer a service that will help us inform our guests about our registry? If so, what is it and how does it work? If not, what do you recommend?
- Will you provide notification cards?
- Do you hold special events for couples who are registering with you? What and when are they?
- What is your recommendation regarding number of items to register for?
- What happens if items on our list become unavailable (e.g., are discontinued)?
- How can guests make purchases? Online? In person? By telephone?
- Will you notify us as purchases are made? If so, how?
- Do you ship gifts as they are purchased, or all at once? Are there shipping charges, and if so, who pays them?
- What is your return policy?
- After the wedding, do you offer a completion program? If so, how does it work?
- Can our registry remain open after the wedding, in case anybody wants to choose a gift on a future occasion like a birthday or Christmas?
Pictured here: Royal Doulton Pacific Collection.