So, you’ve looked at your calendar and realized that February 14 is mere days away and you haven’t planned anything. Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. Well, instead of making a beeline for the closest candy shop to stock up on truffles, why not get a bit creative? If you’re struggling to come up with the perfect Valentine’s Day date idea to woo your fiancé(e) (or spouse or partner) use this list as inspo.
Here are a few last-minute Valentine’s Day date ideas.
- Marathon rom coms on Netflix (it’s got everything from Valentine’s Day to 50 First Dates)
- Have a game night. Strip poker (or Strip Happy Days Game) is definitely an option.
- Turn your bathroom into a spa with the help of some candles and bubbles.
- Looking for an ultra romantic Valentine’s Day date idea? Propose or elope!
- Get creative in the kitchen and make dinner with your S.O.
- Go camping in your living room. Bonus points if you have a fireplace to make s’mores with.
- Buy a few bottles and host your own wine tasting at home.
- Learn to craft fancy cocktails and turn your kitchen into a bar for the evening.
- Hit a local comedy club.
- Go head-to-head in a videogame marathon.
- Recreate a scene from his or her favourite movie or music video.
- Have a paint night (and use each other as models).
- Make a love-focused Valentine’s Day playlist and have a dance off.
- Learn to waltz with the help of YouTube.
- Try out couples yoga.
- Take a trip to a local gallery or museum.
- Watch the sunset and do a bit of stargazing.
- Sample cocktails at a trendy new bar (or local watering hole).
- If you’re looking for a fun and free Valentine’s Day date idea? Go skating.
- Hit the road for a scenic drive or impromptu road trip.
- Book a night in a hotel.
- Stage a photo shoot.
- Be a tourist in your own city and visit all the landmarks.
- Try something new, like role play.
- Embrace your inner pop stars and belt it out karaoke.
Looking for more Valentine’s Day date ideas? Join the Valentine’s Day discussion in our community »