So, you’ve looked at your calendar and realized that Valentine's Day is mere days away and you haven’t planned anything. Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. With a polar vortex in the forecast and lockdowns in many parts of Canada, at-home date ideas will be a necessity for many couples this February 14, 2021, so why not get a bit creative? If you’re struggling to come up with the perfect Valentine’s Day date idea to woo your fiancé(e) (or spouse or partner) use this list as inspo.
Here are a few last-minute Valentine’s Day date ideas.
- Marathon rom coms on Netflix (it’s got everything from Valentine’s Day to 50 First Dates)
- Have a game night. Strip poker (or Strip Happy Days Game) is definitely an option.
- Turn your bathroom into a spa with the help of some candles and bubbles.
- Looking for an ultra-romantic Valentine’s Day date idea? Propose or elope!
- Get creative in the kitchen and make dinner with your S.O.
- Or, support a local restaurant and order a fancy takeout meal for two.
- Go camping in your living room. Bonus points if you have a fireplace to make s’mores with.
- Buy a few bottles and host your own wine tasting at home.
- Learn to craft fancy cocktails and turn your kitchen into a bar for the evening.
- Watch a comedy show and have a good laugh together.
- Go head-to-head in a videogame marathon.
- Recreate a scene from his or her favourite movie or music video.
- Have a paint night (and use each other as models).
- Make a love-focused Valentine’s Day playlist and have a dance-off.
- Learn to waltz with the help of YouTube.
- Try out couples yoga.
- Take a virtual trip to a gallery or museum.
- Watch the sunset and do a bit of stargazing.
- Sample cocktails from a trendy local bar. Many are offering kits for curbside pick-up.
- If you’re looking for a fun and free Valentine’s Day date idea? Go skating.
- Hit the road for a scenic drive or hike in the countryside.
- For a change of scenery, book a night at a hotel or winter resort If it's safe to do so in your region.
- Stage an at-home photo shoot and try out these engagement photo and wedding day portrait poses.
- Try something new, like role play.
- Embrace your inner pop stars and belt it out with a karaoke night.
Looking for more at-home Valentine’s Day date ideas? Check out these 26 Things to Do With Your Partner in Quarantine.
Join the Valentine’s Day discussion in our community »