Can’t find the perfect first dance song? Travel back to the days of of plaid and peace signs. This era not only had iconic fashion, it had a roster of amazing musicians, as well. Greats like Elton John and Eric Clapton released sweet and sentimental slow songs in the 70s, perfect for waltzing around the dancefloor with your S.O. While there are plenty more to choose from, these are a few of our faves.
Here are the best wedding first dance songs from the 1970s.
- Your Song - Elton John
- Let’s Stay Together - Al Green
- Annie’s Song - John Denver
- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack
- Nobody Does It Better - Carly Simon
- Love - John Lennon
- You Are the Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder
- Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
- You Are So Beautiful - Joe Cocker
- She’s Got a Way - Billy Joel