Still looking for that perfect first dance song? Turn to the 80s. You don’t have to love synthesizers and aggressive guitar solos to be a fan of the music. In fact, plenty of power ballads and swoon-worthy tunes were released during the decade. Dig up your Cyndi Lauper CDs and take your Luther Vandross records out of storage - these icons put out some seriously awesome slow jams before the 90s hit.
Here are the best wedding first dance songs from the 1980s.
- Eternal Flame - The Bangles
- Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
- Every Breath You Take - The Police
- Endless Love - Lionel Richie
- So Amazing - Luther Vandross
- Angel - Anita Baker
- Take My Breath Away - Berlin
- Overjoyed - Stevie Wonder
- You Give Good Love - Whitney Houston
- When I Fall in Love - Rick Astley