Joy By Joelle is a wedding planning company based out of Edmonton, AB. Joelle Tripp is the creative force behind the company and has a true vocation for designing sophisticated events and immortalizing the most important day in a couple's life. Having being involved in event organization on a large scale, she has refined her talents to focus exclusively on weddings. Joelle believes that every couple is unique and is, therefore, the catalyst in creating the ultimate expression of a couple's personality into a beautiful wedding celebration.
Joy by Joelle offers a range of services:
Full Coordination: My ALL TIME favourite service! My Full Coordination services allow me to become your new best buddy. I work SO closely with the two of you and on designing and creating a wedding that is essentially a “custom fit” and we get started as soon as you say “GO”! I’m here to walk you through every nook and cranny of the wedding planning process (and trust me, there’s a lot!) which allows you both to enjoy the big and small moments leading up to your epic day. In true Joelle lingo: I’m the “ranch to your chicken wings” or the “baileys to your coffee”, it’s just not the same without me (are you busting out laughing yet?? Me too!). But seriously, this is all about creating a stress-free experience for my couples because contrary to what some may think, it’s more than hiring a DJ or band, having good food and throwing down a few tablecloths. Weddings simply put are not what they were 10, even 5 years ago. They have several moving parts and can be very sophisticated when it comes to execution. I’ll walk you through selecting your venues, determine your wedding day style and colour palette, prepare your wedding budget, match you up with top wedding vendors who you can trust to carry out your vision and be your biggest support system throughout it all. I’m going to show up on your wedding day to execute all of our amazing plans, keep an eye on the timing of all the events and ensure that everything runs poetically. Every wedding varies when it comes to the scale/size as well as its. overall needs so I’ll give you a custom quote of what a Full Coordination’s price point would be when you come for a cocktail.
- Wedding Day Management: This service is like that perfect, juicy maraschino cherry that finishes off a chocolate Sundae known as “the cherry on top”. My Wedding Day Management service is for couples who want to take on the leg work of the wedding planning themselves but want us there to be the eye for detail and most importantly, be there on your wedding day to make sure it's all PERFECTION! With this service, we get in touch with you one month before your wedding day where you hand over the reins to us and you go pour yourselves a cocktail or a wine, whatever tickles your fancy We’re going to produce your wedding day, help with your decor set-up on your big day, create a wildly detailed and customized wedding day timeline, design floor plans for your ceremony and reception, touch base with all your wedding vendors and so much more. Long story short, you’ve worked hard to bring it all together and we want you to be able to go into a massive chill mode for the next month. What’s the one job we put you in charge of? Being nothing but stoked to say I do.
- VIP Wedding Day Management: For some couples, the Full Coordination is more than what they need but the Wedding Day Management just isn’t quite enough which is exactly why I created a VIP service. Here you get all of what’s included in a Wedding Day Management service PLUS 5 hours of time with me to do whatever you like with. We can chat over the phone about any questions or areas of uncertainty that you may have, lets hit up your ceremony and/or reception venue to do some floor plan brainstorming, have me join you in your floral consultation, meet me at the rental company where we will create your colour palette and design your wedding reception—-honestly, you name it and I’ll be game for it! These 5 hrs are completely free for you to use in whatever capacity best suits your needs. Need another 5 hours? No worries, add on as many as you like as each 5-hour window is $800.
- Joy Datet: I love hanging out with newly engaged couples and know for a fact how helpful these are when you are either looking for a place to start or you’ve hit a roadblock 5 months into the planning process. Haven’t the slightest clue where to host your wedding? We’ve got some really cool places in mind. Looking for a 30,000 ft overview of how your wedding day is going to roll out? Let’s create a solid wedding day timeline. Need a full-blown floor plan for your ceremony and reception? Let’s flush that out together so you can get a visual. These hangouts are based strictly on whatever challenge it is that you’re currently facing so you’ll walk into my office with a said challenge(s) and walk out feeling PUMPED to get home, crack open your laptop and get that wedding planning machine up and running again.
- Setup & Take Down: When it comes to decor, stationery, florals and backdrops it can come as a surprise as to how much time, effort and manpower it takes to get everything completely set up just the way you envisioned it! We’ll set up a hangout with you one week before the wedding to go over all of your decors and ensure we’re on the exact same page! After that, all that’s left to do is for you to relax and enjoy your wedding day!! Once it’s all set up, the next thought is, well who’s going to take it all down?! We will arrive at 12:00AM to take your reception decor down which gives you and your guests the opportunity to continue dancing and celebrating instead of wondering where to start! We will box up your personal decor items and the majority of your rentals (excluding chairs, roof treatments and perimeter draping) and store them in an agreed-upon space so that you are able to easily pick everything up the day after!
- Pop The Question: You’ve spent so much time thinking through this moment and it is finally at your doorstep. You are ready to ask that special someone to spend the REST OF THEIR LIFE loving you and you couldn’t be more excited! If you’re reading this, you want to kick that proposal up a notch! You want this moment to be extra special and completely unforgettable. We will think through the location, setting, decor, florals, having a photographer or videographer capture it from start to finish with you and any other important details you would like to include to create the most epic proposal setting this worlds ever seen!
Special & Corporate Event Planning: We love a good party, and, let’s be honest, who doesn’t?? Our team travels wherever we need to be and we’re happy to customize each client's needs specific to the event they’re hosting. There’s always something to celebrate and we’re definitely the type of people who think outside the box and thrive on breathing a breath of fresh into an otherwise stale, “been there done that” type of event. We’re happy to handle any event needs such as design + decor to guest list management, setup + takedown, management of contracts, production and everything in-between. Let us know what you need and we will make sure that all t’s are crossed and i’s are dotted.
- The Badass Bride Revolution: Are you getting ready to tie the knot?? Do you wish you had a pro to bounce questions off of when it comes to décor, traditions, or ideas you have to make your big day special?? Are your bridesmaids, moms and best friends not getting your wedding day vision and are less than helpful when it comes to brainstorming super rad ideas? I figured that might be the case….so I went ahead and created the BADASS BRIDE REVOLUTION!! Is this starting to sound like your saving grace? Keeping reading my love because here’s what goes down:
- 4 unbelievable months of bride-to-be support!
- Full access to my Wedding Planning Template that I’ve used for the past 6 years of being a wedding planner.
- A private Facebook group where all you Badass Bride’s can hang, bounce ideas off each other and most importantly…talk with others who actually get it!
- The juiciest part? Two LIVE Q+A Calls with me each month to answer any and all of your wedding questions that you are dying to ask!
You’ll go from “what the hell do I do with _____? (insert everything your currently struggling with) ” to becoming a bride who knows exactly what she wants because, in my personal opinion, bridezilla’s don’t exist when they are well informed, have a solid game plan and know the in’s and outs of all things wedding related. See you there girlfriend
Wedding Planning Services
Budget analysis, day-of coordination, event design, full planning, guest list creation, timelines, to-do lists, vendor referrals
Number of Planners
Day-Of Coordination - Starting Price
Full Wedding Planning - Starting Price
What wedding events do you provide services for?
What types of weddings do you accommodate?
What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
Do you offer an hourly rate?
26 reviewsWrite a review
101 User photos
Joy By Joelle Real Weddings
148 Photos · 15/Jul/2017
Inside your FREE WEDDING DAY TIMELINE GUIDE you will learn how to:
- Create a morning schedule for when you get ready so that your morning is not an entire shit show!
- Be able to let your family and friends know when and where photos are being taken so that nobody can pull the "well, nobody told me!"
- Time out your reception so your speeches flow at a good pace and the DJ knows when to light up that dance floor!
Meet the Team
I'm Joelle 🙋🏼♀️ The gritty entrepreneur, head of the creative shenanigans department and owner of Joy by Joelle! You'll always catch me 'thinking outside the box', in a backwards hat (or some kind of hat for that matter!), and in my garage building/working on my latest project! If you've made it to this page I'm guessing we're 'vibing' already, right? If there's one thing I know about myself it's that I do things differently and I don't like taking the beaten path. I truly believe I was put on this earth to flex my creative muscles and I consider myself incredibly lucky to do it via our client's weddings and events--the best!!
If you're looking for my credentials I've got a Bachelor of Management Degree and am with the WPIC. Though the framed certificates have been super helpful, I hit the ground full tilt in 2015 and the experience I've gained since starting up what you might remember as "Hitched by Joelle" back in 2015 is the juiciest part of said credentials. With 60+ weddings and some big profile corporate events under my belt...now that's what I'm talking about 🤘🏼
I believe in love wholeheartedly. I also believe there is no cap to the amount of joy we can blend into our lives. So my wish for you when you work with me, meet me, or interact with my company is that you find some snippet of JOY!
Heyyy, I’m Katelyn!! If I had to sum myself up in a few words, they would probably be, ‘a country-loving, iced coffee obsessed, tik tok addicted, redhead and all that that implies.’ I have a passion for events, design & art. To say that I am infatuated with making gift baskets would be the understatement of the century; luckily I have been able to tie this craze to my love language of gift-giving. On non-event Fridays you can find me at home, dancing around the living room with my fiance and pups, Nova & Atlas, like an absolute goofball. On Saturdays, I am usually engulfed in some sort of arts and crafts project. To my family, I am commonly referred to as the glue; I will do anything for those close to me. I play the roles of big sister, best friend, confidant and therapist on a daily basis. I find myself leading the charge in emergency situations with no sweat, yet balling my eyes out to every cute dog video on the internet.
I received my Bachelor of Commerce Degree, majoring in Accounting, but you will NEVER catch me doing my own taxes! I've worked for the University Hospital Foundation helping coordinate the Festival of Trees and the Heart Pledge Day Marathon. I've also sat on multiple non-profit event planning committees with organizations such as the Central Alberta Child Advocacy Centre and the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation.
I LOVE events and even better, I love helping clients build their dream weddings + events! There is nothing better than watching a client let go of any stress they have about the logistics (that's my job 🤗), as their eyes light up in excitement thinking about all of the fun and ✨ pretty ✨ elements of their wedding or event!
Hi!!! I'm Anna. I joined Joelle's team in 2020 and it has been an absolute blast! I'm such a strong believer that life is short so you have to do what you actually enjoy, and here I am! I've always LOVED event planning and weddings (even when I was a kid, I was very extra about planning my birthday party lol) and somehow fell into the rabbit hole that is Joelle from there.
I completed a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Alberta with a major in drama and a minor in women's and gender studies, and I feel like that sums me up in a nutshell pretty well lol. I have a passion for education so you'll often find me collecting books on endless topics I can't wait to learn more about... the book collector hobby has definitely got out of hand and I may never finish them all, but one can dream! My current field of interest is women and art, I will now take any and all book suggestions. On my days off you can find me out with my partner and our puppy, Joey, exploring the river valley, or out for wine with my closest of friends talking for hours on end (I'm super chatty and not sorry about it).
One of my favourite things about weddings and events is that there are NEVER two that are the same, each one is as unique as the client, and it just gets me #weepy every time. I am so excited to be a part of making your wedding or event a reality!
Special Event Rentals - EdmontonRating 4.6 out of 5 , 36 reviews· Event Rentals (36)
River City EventsRating 4.7 out of 5 , 23 reviews· Event Rentals (23)
Two Buds Floral ArtistryRating 4.8 out of 5 , 37 reviews· Wedding Flowers (37)
FaBLOOMosityRating 4.8 out of 5 , 47 reviews· Wedding Flowers (47)
Eternal Reflections PhotographyRating 5 out of 5 , 26 reviews· Wedding Photography (26)
Haley ErdegardRating 5 out of 5 , 27 reviews· Wedding Photography (27)
1029 Chahley Lane NW T6M 0K5 Edmonton (Alberta)