The Ultimate Niagara-on-the-Lake Honeymoon Checklist
Heading to Niagara-on-the-Lake for your first vacation as a married couple? Here’s everything you need to do.
- Pictured here: Bonnie and Alex in Niagara-on-the-Lake; captured by Knotting Tree Photography.
Niagara-on-the-Lake is one of Ontario’s most beloved honeymoon destinations, and for good reason - it has sprawling vineyards, beautiful parks, adorable little inns and just about everything else you could ever ask for. If you’re looking for a romantic getaway not far from Toronto (it’s only a 90-minute drive!), this is the place for you. Bonus: because it’s so close to the city, it also makes for a great minimoon spot.
Here is your ultimate Niagara-on-the-Lake honeymoon checklist.
- Rent a pair of bikes and cycle along the Niagara Park Recreation Trail
- Tour some of the best wineries Canada has to offer
- Not into chardonnay and bordeaux? Order a pint of beer at The Exchange Brewery
- Lace up your boots and hike around the Niagara Glen
- Ditch your car and take a carriage ride
- Stroll around the Historic District (you can even take a tour)
- Take a sunset cruise
- Have high tea at the Prince of Wales
- Get some R&R at the White Oaks Resort & Spa
- Peruse the goods at Walker’s Country Market
- Have a picnic by the water in Queen’s Royal Park
- Show off your golfing skills
- Spend a romantic evening at Oban Inn
- Take a trip to see Niagara Falls
- ...and try your luck at a casino
- Embrace your inner foodies and do a private cooking class
- Saddle up and take a trail ride along the Niagara Escarpment
- Paddleboard while you watch the sun go down
- Go apple picking
- Attend a concert at the amphitheater at Jackson-Triggs Winery