Want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city after your “I do’s”? Well, with all the things to do in Muskoka on a honeymoon, a trip to cottage country is for you. That’s right, if you hail from Ontario, you don’t even need to catch a plane to get your post-wedding vacay started. Just pack up your car, throw in your duffel bag and get ready for the rustic retreat of your dreams.
Here’s a list of 25 things to do in Muskoka on your honeymoon.
- Give tree top trekking a try
- Get your adrenaline pumping on a zipline
- Hike around Algonquin Park
- See cottage country from the skies in a helicopter for a Muskoka honeymoon splurge
- Sample cranberry wine at Johnston’s
- See what’s on display at The Tree Museum
- Go skinny dipping
- Enjoy lunch by the lake at Water’s Edge
- Follow The Little Mermaid's lead and go for a cute paddle boat ride
- Treat yourselves to some R&R at Beginnings Spa
- Watch the sunrise or sunset from a dock
- Rent a boat and try some watersports
- Eat tacos at Taco Kar
- Play a round of golf at the Muskoka Woodlands Golf Course and Driving Range
- Tour the area’s many waterfalls
- Schedule a weekend-long camping trip
- Find your zen at Power Yoga Canada
- Drink cocktails in a pair of Muskoka chairs
- Get dressed up and go for high tea at The Blue Willow Tea Shop
- Stroll around a Farmers’ market
- Book a private horseback riding session
- Sleep underneath the stars
- Have a romantic meal at Riverwalk
- Stock up on craft beer from Sawdust City Brewing Co.
- Make s’mores over a bonfire - a Muskoka honeymoon must!
Pictured here: Kim and Scott in Muskoka captured by Sara Monika, Photographer.