Clayburn Village Rentals
Clayburn Village, a heritage site nestled at the foot of Sumas Mountain in Abbotsford, British Columbia, has indoor and outdoor spaces for wedding events. Built in 1905, this isolated village -- featuring brick buildings with immaculate gardens -- reflects timeless charm. The 1912 Clayburn Church and the 1907 Clayburn Schoolhouse are ideal for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Clayburn Village offers couples a historic, intimate setting to celebrate their love.
Facilities and capacity
Couples can host weddings in the stunning old schoolhouse and church.
- Schoolhouse Hall: Centrally located in Clayburn Village, Schoolhouse Hall retains its heritage ambience and features the building's original blackboards and wooden floors. It is located adjacent to a park that is enclosed by the scenic Clayburn Creek. You and your guests will experience tranquil, fresh air through the tall windows. The ceiling fans and dim lights add to your special day's unique setting. The schoolhouse can accommodate up to 120 guests and has a kitchen facility that is available to caterers for use.
- The Church: Situated across the street from Schoolhouse Hall, Clayburn Church was renovated in 1978. It features wooden flooring, four unscreened open windows, a church bell, and a rear staging area. It can accommodate up to 80 guests.
Clayburn Village rentals include the following:
- Schoolhouse Hall offers 28 six-foot banquet tables and 120 upholstered banquet chairs
- The church offers six six-foot round banquet tables and 80 gold-coloured Chiavari chairs
- Small music sound system compatible with CDs and iPod/mp3 players in the church
- Altar area and event stage in the church
Outside catering, bartender and DJ services are welcome at their facility. They do not provide these services directly but allow you to choose your preferred catering services to meet the dreams of your perfect day. This allows the wedding party to choose from classic fine dining to a rustic BBQ or an eclectic food truck. The choice is yours!
Apart from wedding ceremonies and receptions, Clayburn Village is a fitting site for other wedding-related events. Consider celebrating your engagement party and bridal shower at this rustic venue.
Built in 1907-1908, Clayburn Schoolhouse was originally a one room school. The basement was added in 1925, along with washrooms. In the 1930s, the school hosted celebrations, youth concerts, whist drives, and Saturday night dances. In 1991, the Clayburn Village Community Society purchased it. The school basement has been developed into a Musuem and houses artifacts, historic memorabilia and photos (Open Saturdays 1-4pm June, July and August). Major renovations were done in 2000 and 2007. The Clayburn Church was built as a Presbyterian church in 1912, and served the spiritual needs of the community until 1958. The Clayburn Village Community Society purchased it in 1969 and it was restored by the MSA Heritage Society in 1978. Both the Schoolhouse and Church are designated heritage sites.
Clayburn Village is close to Kilgard. The Abbotsford International Airport is just 19 minutes from the venue.
What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
Describe the style of your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
Any other questions?Request pricing
1 reviewWrite a review
Are you interested?Request pricing
Would you like to visit?Request a visit
4304 Wright Street V2S 7Y8 Abbotsford (British Columbia)