Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Thank You Cards

Kelly, on November 20, 2019 at 16:39 Posted in Just married 0 12

The time has come! We have our photos, we made our thank you cards and ordered them, they have arrived, we bought stamps.....Now we just have to write the darn things!

The majority of our guests gave us monetary gifts. How did everybody write their thank yous for guests that gave cash? I need some good thank you card wording. For some reason saying "thank you for the cordless drill" sounds fine, but "thank you for the money" feels super weird.

Pic of our thank you cards Smiley smile

We ordered from Vistaprint during their 50% off sale.

Thank You Cards 1

12 Comments

Latest activity by Shannon, on December 2, 2019 at 20:26
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A hand written thank you for being apart of our special day, or something along those lines. This is plenty. No details needed.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've always read that the etiquette for money gifts was to tell them what you might do with the money. For example ”thank you both for the generous gift, it will come in handy when we renovate our bathroom/buy new appliances. or We can't wait to enjoy a weekend away with your help!" You can be as vague as you want, but odds are you can think of something you would spend it on together.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg thats such a nice picture i love it!!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, absolutely write a personal message in each. Even if you write the exact same thing in each one, your guests wont know that.

• C
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your thank you card looks great! I just got mine in the mail yesterday. We printed out thank you on the back but people keep saying that I still need to write a personal msg on each one. I printed it so I wouldn't have to do that and I feel like every card would say the same thing anyway so I don't feel like I need to. What does everyone think? Should I still be writing a personal msg to everyone even though our thank you mag is on the card already?
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of our guests gifted monetary gifts as well - we're going to write "thank you for your generous gift" and maybe a sentence about how we'd use it (i.e. pay for our honeymoon, save up for a larger home).

Your thank you cards are really pretty!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We said thanks for your generous gift, we will put it towards or we used it to buy...
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So cute! We did ours through Vistaprint during their sale too!! Such good deals!
    I printed our thank you on the back, I didn’t want to write them all out! All our guests gave us monetary gifts, so we went with this.
    Thank You Cards 2
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can say something along the lines of “Thank you for your generous gift. We really appreciate it and will put it towards (down payment on a house, new car, home renovations etc.)” and then thank them for sharing the day with you if they attended.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank You Cards 3

Our Thank You card was put with the Guest favour at the table as names were personalized. The design was the same as the invites and pattern of a different colour.

The message that was written:

Thank you for sharing our day with your memories, support and love.

Your kindness is deeply appreciated and will always be appreciated.

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We said something along the lines of... thank you for your generous gift. We appreciate the help in getting us started on our new life together.
    If you're going to use the money more specifically, you could say you are putting it towards a new house or whatever you are doing with it.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It looks great!

Sorry though, can't help you with the writing part - this is why we sent them out as postcards Smiley tongue To avoid writing over a hundred thank-you notes that they know is basically copy and paste

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics