About Pillar and Post
Located in the picturesque town of Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, Pillar and Post is a unique venue that specializes in providing an amazing setting with award-winning cuisine for weddings and other special events. With exceptional service to boot, this venue has all the key elements to make any wedding celebration an unforgettable event for you and your guests.
Facilities and capacity
The facilities found at Pillar and Post include event spaces with warm atmospheres and Tuscan-inspired decor. The Olde Library & Gallery can accommodate up t0o 56 and 88 guests, respectively. The Upper Canada Hall Ballroom has a capacity for 192 guests and The Secord Room can accommodate up to 24 guests for a small, intimate wedding.
Pillar and Post provides couples with a Wonderland Wedding Package which includes the following services for their wedding day:
More information about Pillar and Post
Recommended by 88% of couples
4 User photos
Kimberley Houtby · Married on 23/02/2019
Attention to details and professionalism
We worked with a number of ladies from the wedding event department but particularily with Emily. She was absolutely lovely and so pleasant to work with! She was quick to answer all my questions and took care of all the details. I didn't meet in person with her until the day prior to the wedding but she already had everything set up exactly as we had discussed. She met with me again the morning of the wedding and was with us coordinating throughout the day. Everything was just perfect, the food was fantastic and the staff was polite and professional. This was an amazing experience full of wonderful memories!!Sent on 26/02/2019
Olivia Beckham · Married on 19/01/2019
Our magical winter wedding
We got married at Pillar and post in the Olde Library on january 19th 2019. The on site staff for Pillar and Post made our day so unbelievably special. Farin and Emily did phenomenal on site coordination and had fantastic communication with us at every turn. Kristy, the banquet captain, and her team gave us amazing and dedicated service from tasting to rehearsal to dinner the day of. Even Marlene at the front desk and Twyla from housekeeping were so kind, helpful and accommodating as we embarked on this whole affair and made us feel so cared for. We cannot thank the staff enough for how wonderful they made our specialSent on 20/01/2019
Victoria Caruk · Married on 15/09/2018
Warning to all brides: don't trust vintage hotels
We were so excited to have our wedding catered by Queens Landing/Vintage Hotels. Niagara-on-the-lake has always been such a dream and we couldn't wait to get married there and have it catered by one of our favourite places. However, from the moment we signed our contract all the way to after our wedding day, Vintage Hotels broke their contract and all of their promises and did not follow through on one item, let alone make any of it an enjoyable experience for a soon-to-be-wed couple. WARNING TO ALL BRIDES!!! Here is what happened with zero exaggeration:Sent on 14/10/2018
1. In our contract they put aside 5 rooms for our guests (of a 200 person wedding) and wouldn't let us hold any more. Fine.. So we tell our guests hurry and start booking because we have limited rooms. Soon after that, we get phone call after phone call saying that guests are trying to book and not only do they not have a room block on hold for us but they have never heard of this wedding. I call and ask what is going on... THEY HAVE SOLD OUT FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND. Completely broke our contract. So we got transferred to their sister hotel...
2. We call all of our guests back and apologize and say to instead book at their sister hotel because they sold out for our wedding. We then get AGAIN phone call after phone call saying they only have 2 rooms on hold not 5...
3. If they are your caterer you are supposed to get your wedding night complimentary (although in my opinion you should get your entire wedding weekend complimentary because they are not a cheap caterer... but fine.) They not only did not follow through on this but they double charged us for the hotel. I had to call back after our wedding because they processed too much on my credit card and then they argued back saying all of our guests had to book and check out and have their payments processed before we get our room for free.
4. Our tasting was supposed to be for us and both our parents. We get there and it is just set up for two people. That's okay... mistakes happen... but then they argued to us in front of my parents saying they are only set up for 2 people and they can't accommodate more and they even went as far as printing the contract, shoving it in my face and showing me that it said 2 people. We knew all of this... and we organized to have it set for 6 people because our parents wanted to join and we were paying for it anyways... the restaurant was empty. It took about 30 mins but they finally sat us at a table for 6. Terrible experience, especially for something that is supposed to be a happy and exciting time.
5. All of our payments were scheduled to be spread out over the course of the year. Someone "forgot" to process these and ALL of the payments were squished into the last two months right before our wedding. You can imagine how much money this was and to have it all come out two months before your wedding is incredibly stressful and uncomfortable to say the very least.
6. Out of all of this, we had expressed our disappointment several times and no one cared. We spoke to several different people at Vintage Hotels and all they could offer us was a discount on their trolley which only started at 5pm and we needed to be at our venue at 3pm. So.. of zero use to us.
7. After all of this struggle... we certainly felt uneasy about everything going smoothly on our wedding day and boy were we right to. They apparently were understaffed for our wedding (that was booked a year in advance) and made us 40 mins behind schedule due to their slowness of clearing and serving the dishes. This actually resulted in us having to cut half of the mother and son dance. So sad.
8. We had place settings saying what each guest ordered and communicated this in advance along with the seating chart. Several people were served the wrong items which was very scary considering that quite a few people had allergies to certain ingredients.
I wish I had this warning before we booked as I certainly wouldn't have moved forward. I felt uneasy right from the beginning and no one at the entire company did anything to reassure us. It is very unfortunate as it is your wedding day and not just "any" event. I strongly suggest to all brides considering Vintage Hotels to look elsewhere. Happy to share more of what we went through with all brides-to-be.
Holly Iwaszko · Married on 14/10/2017
Pillar and post was just what we were looking for. Rustic. The staff were accommodating, helpful and on point with the food. The food was exquisite. The servers did an amazing job and the wedding coordinator was extremely helpful.Sent on 13/11/2017
Michael Grover · Married on 22/07/2017
Both the staff and location were truly fantastic. While we had a series of event coordinators, we were well transitioned from one to the next in the year leading to the wedding, and we always knew who we could contact with a question, and we always received quick and helpful responses. In particular, Lorraine, was a godsend in the year leading up to the wedding. On the weekend of the wedding, Kristi was a fantastic help from beginning to end. If we had a question or concern, she was on top of it right away. Truly a cut above in both quality of food and venue, as well as fast and courteous service.Sent on 22/08/2017
Pillar and Post's reply:
Pillar and Post awards
Pillar and Post Real Weddings
Location of Pillar and Post
ContestYou could win $1,000!
Plan your wedding on WeddingWire to earn chances to win $1,000. Learn more.