On WeddingWire since 2017
Last update: September 2023
Queen's Landing offers a lakeside Georgian mansion in the heart of Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, surrounded by numerous vineyards and fruit orchards that immediately impress others. The estate is refined and elegant, offering molding, large columns, a sweeping staircase, and stained glass ceilings. The destination exudes romance and will surely have guests swooning. The award-winning cuisine also offers many options.
Facilities and Capacity
Finding the picture-perfect backdrop to your big day is a dream at Queen's Landing, with five venue spaces to choose between. From the historical Georgian Ballroom, which holds up to 250 guests, to the opulent Imperial Ballroom, which can hold up to 120 guests. There are further ceremony options, including the elegant Atrium, home to an ornate chandelier, and the Water View Garden, which features a picture-perfect pergola and views of the Niagara River. The historic event spaces are perfect for different styles and sizes, which allows you to have options. Marble floors, Venetian windows, and a spiral staircase compliment the harbor view beautifully.
Event planning is offered through professional wedding coordinators. A private tour can also be arranged, as well as a consultation. The team offers various seasonal wedding packages, including catering services and wine with dinner. There are 142 rooms for guests, allowing everyone to enjoy your venue fully.
The facility is based in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, which is near a plethora of activities. Wine tasting is a must. In addition, theatres, golfing, historical tours, boating, hiking, and more are just minutes away.
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
Describe the style of your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What catering services do you offer?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
31 User photos
Queens Landing was gorgeous. The staff did a wonderful just with setup and managing the event. Rikki checked on us periodically to make sure everything was going as planned. The food was amazing, and wine/bar service was amazing too.
From starting the process to the final moments of our wedding day, Rikki was astronomical in getting us setup and organized. She answered any questions we had and was always there when we needed something.
The hospitality was great and allowing our dog to be part of the ceremony was the best part. We appreciated everything Rikki, vintage hotels, and the staff at queens landing did for us.
From the front desk to the waiters to event managers Rikki, and Madison. We loved our wedding day and they all helped make it a memorable day.
Wouldn’t want my wedding anywhere else!
The best wedding venue for a wedding!
Special shout out to Rikki who was especially incredible and we cannot thank her enough for all of her support, hard work, and professionalism. We are so happy she was a part of our special day & we could not be happier with Queen's Landing!
Gorgeous Winter Wedding
So happy with our venue choice!
Best Day Ever
Great food, beautiful room
An incredible wedding venue!
My only comment is that I think they could afford to upgrade the in-house chairs and linens. We didn't have an issue sourcing these elsewhere, but given the caliber of the venue, I do think offering more elegant chairs & linens in-house would be a nice touch and help couples save a bit on the extras. I also think it would be great to have sparkling wine or prosecco included in the house bar list since this is such a popular drink choice. It's totally possible to add bottles if you want, but I was surprised that it wasn't part of their included standard bar list.
All in all, super minor feedback! Outstanding service and great value considering the beauty of the space.
Warning to all brides!
1. In our contract they put aside 5 rooms for our guests (of a 200 person wedding) and wouldn't let us hold any more. Fine.. So we tell our guests hurry and start booking because we have limited rooms. Soon after that, we get phone call after phone call saying that guests are trying to book and not only do they not have a room block on hold for us but they have never heard of this wedding. I call and ask what is going on... THEY HAVE SOLD OUT FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND. Completely broke out contract. So we got transferred to their sister hotel...
2. We call all of our guests back and apologize and say to instead book at their sister hotel because they sold out for our wedding. We then get AGAIN phone call after phone call saying they only have 2 rooms on hold not 5...
3. If they are your caterer you are supposed to get your wedding night complimentary (although in my opinion you should get your entire wedding weekend complimentary because they are not a cheap caterer... but fine.) They not only did not follow through on this but they double charged us for the hotel. I had to call back after our wedding because they processed too much on my credit card and then they argued back saying all of our guests had to book and check out and have their payments processed before we get our room for free.
4. Our tasting was supposed to be for us and both our parents. We get there and it is just set up for two people. That's okay... mistakes happen... but then they argued to us in front of my parents saying they are only set up for 2 people and they can't accommodate more and they even went as far as printing the contract, shoving it in my face and showing me that it said 2 people. We knew all of this... and we organized to have it set for 6 people because our parents wanted to join and we were paying for it anyways... the restaurant was empty. It took about 30 mins but they finally sat us at a table for 6. Terrible experience, especially for something that is supposed to be a happy and exciting time.
5. All of our payments were scheduled to be spread out over the course of the year. Someone "forgot" to process these and ALL of the payments were squished into the last two months right before our wedding. You can imagine how much money this was and to have it all come out two months before your wedding is incredibly stressful and uncomfortable to say the very least.
6. Out of all of this, we had expressed our disappointment several times and no one cared. We spoke to several different people at Vintage Hotels and all they could offer us was a discount on their trolley which only started at 5pm and we needed to be at our venue at 3pm. So.. of zero use to us.
7. After all of this struggle... we certainly felt uneasy about everything going smoothly on our wedding day and boy were we right to. They apparently were understaffed for our wedding (that was booked a year in advance) and made us 40 mins behind schedule due to their slowness of clearing and serving the dishes. This actually resulted in us having to cut half of the mother and son dance. So sad.
I wish I had this warning before we booked as I certainly wouldn't have moved forward. I felt uneasy right from the beginning and no one at the entire company did anything to reassure us. It is very unfortunate as it is your wedding day and not just "any" event. I strongly suggest to all bride considering Vintage Hotels to look elsewhere. Happy to share more of what we want through with all brides-to-be.
Are you interested?
Queen's Landing Real Weddings
Would you like to visit?