About Queen's Landing
Queen’s Landing is between the Niagara River and Lake Ontario, offering numerous vineyards and fruit orchards that immediately impresses others. The mansion is refined and elegant, offering molding, large columns, and stained glass ceilings. The destination exudes romance and will surely have guests swooning. The award-winning cuisine also offers many options.
Facilities and capacity
Five different spaces for your wedding is offered. The hotel’s venues are in luxurious ballrooms, where the ceremony and reception can be held. The historic event spaces are perfect for different styles and sizes, which allows you to have options. Marble floors, Venetian windows, and spiral staircase compliment the harbour view beautifully. The venues can accomodate over two hundred guests.
Event planning is offered through the professional wedding coordinator. A private tour is offered, as well as a consultation. The newlyweds are offered a king-size bed, along with a fireplace, jetted tub, and champagne and strawberries for the night-of. There are 142 rooms available for guests, allowing everyone to fully enjoy your venue.
The facility is based in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, which is near a plethora of activities. Wine tasting is a must. In addition, theatres, golfing, historical tours, boating, hiking, and more are just minutes away.
From 8 to 250
Queen's Landing can hold a max of 250 guests with a dance floor
Catering / bar, event planning
More information about Queen's Landing
Marshneill, Married on 28/12/2018
An incredible wedding venue!
Sent on 17/01/2019
We held a December wedding at Queen's Landing and many guests commented it was one of the most beautiful venues they had been to. The Grand Georgian Ballroom is stunning, and we had our ceremony in the atrium which is just adjacent. The day ran very smoothly, in large part thanks to Rikki, the special events manager. She basically acts like a wedding coordinator and is so organized and on top of everything in the planning process. We planned the wedding from England and it was never a problem - she is super responsive and helpful and even helped us build an itinerary for the dinner reception. Guests commented that they loved the food - it's definitely a big step above usual wedding fare. The room we stayed in for 3 nights was also beautiful for photography with lots of natural light and elegant finishings.
My only comment is that I think they could afford to upgrade the in-house chairs and linens. We didn't have an issue sourcing these elsewhere, but given the caliber of the venue, I do think offering more elegant chairs & linens in-house would be a nice touch and help couples save a bit on the extras. I also think it would be great to have sparkling wine or prosecco included in the house bar list since this is such a popular drink choice. It's totally possible to add bottles if you want, but I was surprised that it wasn't part of their included standard bar list.
All in all, super minor feedback! Outstanding service and great value considering the beauty of the space.
Victoria Caruk, Married on 15/09/2018
Warning to all brides!
Sent on 14/10/2018
We were so excited to have our wedding catered by Queens Landing. Niagara-on-the-lake has always been such a dream and we couldn't wait to get married there and have it catered by one of our favourite places. However, from the moment we signed our contract all the way to after our wedding day, Vintage Hotels broke their contract and all of their promises and did not follow through on one item, let alone make any of it an enjoyable experience for a soon-to-be-wed couple. WARNING TO ALL BRIDES!!! Here is what happened with zero exaggeration:
1. In our contract they put aside 5 rooms for our guests (of a 200 person wedding) and wouldn't let us hold any more. Fine.. So we tell our guests hurry and start booking because we have limited rooms. Soon after that, we get phone call after phone call saying that guests are trying to book and not only do they not have a room block on hold for us but they have never heard of this wedding. I call and ask what is going on... THEY HAVE SOLD OUT FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND. Completely broke out contract. So we got transferred to their sister hotel...
2. We call all of our guests back and apologize and say to instead book at their sister hotel because they sold out for our wedding. We then get AGAIN phone call after phone call saying they only have 2 rooms on hold not 5...
3. If they are your caterer you are supposed to get your wedding night complimentary (although in my opinion you should get your entire wedding weekend complimentary because they are not a cheap caterer... but fine.) They not only did not follow through on this but they double charged us for the hotel. I had to call back after our wedding because they processed too much on my credit card and then they argued back saying all of our guests had to book and check out and have their payments processed before we get our room for free.
4. Our tasting was supposed to be for us and both our parents. We get there and it is just set up for two people. That's okay... mistakes happen... but then they argued to us in front of my parents saying they are only set up for 2 people and they can't accommodate more and they even went as far as printing the contract, shoving it in my face and showing me that it said 2 people. We knew all of this... and we organized to have it set for 6 people because our parents wanted to join and we were paying for it anyways... the restaurant was empty. It took about 30 mins but they finally sat us at a table for 6. Terrible experience, especially for something that is supposed to be a happy and exciting time.
5. All of our payments were scheduled to be spread out over the course of the year. Someone "forgot" to process these and ALL of the payments were squished into the last two months right before our wedding. You can imagine how much money this was and to have it all come out two months before your wedding is incredibly stressful and uncomfortable to say the very least.
6. Out of all of this, we had expressed our disappointment several times and no one cared. We spoke to several different people at Vintage Hotels and all they could offer us was a discount on their trolley which only started at 5pm and we needed to be at our venue at 3pm. So.. of zero use to us.
7. After all of this struggle... we certainly felt uneasy about everything going smoothly on our wedding day and boy were we right to. They apparently were understaffed for our wedding (that was booked a year in advance) and made us 40 mins behind schedule due to their slowness of clearing and serving the dishes. This actually resulted in us having to cut half of the mother and son dance. So sad.
I wish I had this warning before we booked as I certainly wouldn't have moved forward. I felt uneasy right from the beginning and no one at the entire company did anything to reassure us. It is very unfortunate as it is your wedding day and not just "any" event. I strongly suggest to all bride considering Vintage Hotels to look elsewhere. Happy to share more of what we want through with all brides-to-be.
Sarah Mueller, Married on 12/05/2018
Sent on 13/06/2018
Queens landing was an awesome venue. Great staff and great service. Rikki was the best. Everything went smoothly on our wedding day and we couldn’t have asked for a better wedding coordinator and venue.
Queen's Landing's reply:
Thank you Sarah for your wonderful review! We appreciate the time you took to let us know how happy you were with your Wedding at Queen's Landing.
Wishing you many happy and healthy years together!
Thank you again, The Vintage Hotel Wedding Team
Dana Moran, Married on 25/11/2017
Sent on 24/04/2018
We had our wedding in November and are still having mixed emotions over this venue. I gave it a few good months to really think about giving this venue a fair review as I am in the hotel Industry and feel as if I have fair expectations.
I am from the region and we chose the date based on an off season time to have more of a local feel to it.
Unfortunately, this hotel made us feel like just another wedding. I understand and how many weddings are hosted at this property, however it is still our special day and no one made us feel like it was.
Our room block was frustrating, our coordinator Rikki made us feel as if we were bothering her every time we would email or call.
Things were always so last minute -calling us on the morning of our wedding to confirm where the vegetarians were seated as well as asking her how we should be paying for our deposit.
No one asked us (the bride and groom) during our dinner if we wanted a refill on our wine. We were never offered coffee
And around 11:00pm our music accidentally cut out and our DJ needed to find someone to help him.
No staff was to be found and I had to pop my head into the kitchen to see if someone could help. Very strange for a 200 person wedding.
There are so many other details I want to point out, however I won’t dwell on the negatives.
It is a beautiful hotel In a fantastic location. If you are looking for a hotel that will pay attention to the smaller details and make you feel like you have a name, I wouldn’t recommend this venue for you.
Food was delicious though!
Queen's Landing's reply:
I wanted to reply to your review and I wanted to wish you many happy years together with James.
I am sorry to hear that you have mixed emotions about your day. I want to let you know this is not the standard for Queens Landing. Rikki always receives great reviews from her couples. Our staff and kitchen work hard to ensure each wedding leaves speaking highly about the wedding night. I am happy to hear the food was delicious as this is what our Chef strives for.
We wish we would have known that you were having any issues, as we would have loved the opportunity to discuss these issues with you. I am sorry to hear you wouldn't recommend us. Vintage Hotel prides itself on giving each client a wonderful experience.
Truly wishing you all the best,
The Wedding Team at Vintage Hotels
Lily, Married on 02/06/2017
Sent on 06/06/2017
I did Wedding at queens landing. Planer is Rikki, she is very nice and helps a lot about our wedding. Room is great, and meal is so delicious, guests are all very happy and enjoy that day. I strong recommend this hotel.
Queen's Landing awards
Queen's Landing Real Weddings
Location of Queen's Landing