The Nash Restaurant & Off Cut Bar, located in Calgary’s Inglewood neighbourhood, blends sophistication, character, history, and good food: a recipe for a one-of-a-kind wedding celebration. The restaurant – built in what was once the National Hotel -- opens its doors for brides and grooms, serving as a venue for those seeking a unique wedding reception space in an urban area.
Facilities and capacity
The Nash’s dining room features a clean, open space, plenty of windows and natural light, white walls, wood tables, and hardwood floors. Its modern look and layout has a view of an open kitchen, which allows you to see the chefs at work. The bar, with darker walls and dimmer lighting options, complements the dining room’s airy design. Up to 120 seated or 200 standing guests can be accommodated in the restaurant’s dining room, while the bar has a capacity of 75 people.
All items on the menu, from stocks to breads, are made in-house with high quality ingredients, and the staff partners with local growers and producers. The Nash’s dinner menu selection includes starters (like salads, soups, duck leg, and tartare of beef), entrees (from fish to pork belly to steak), and side dishes (with vegetables, risotto, and hand cut frites among the mix). Dessert options may consist of choices such as dark chocolate mousse, espresso pot de creme, smoked chocolate ganache with white tea sorbet, and more. Brunch, lunch, and cocktail menus are also offered.
The century-old building formerly housed the National Hotel, which had a history of being a local stop for temporary workers during the prohibition era. It is located on what was known as Whiskey Row.
What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
Describe the style of your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What catering services do you offer?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
What is the average catering price per person for plated service?
What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?
What is the average catering price per person for stations?
What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeurves?
Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
17 User photos
An unforgettable and joyous experience for everyone!
If you’ve dined at The Nash before, it goes without saying that the food and drinks are incredible and all of our guests agreed. The staff easily accommodated dietary restrictions, ensured not a glass got below halfway filled, and were quick to swoop in if someone dropped a fork. We’ve had so many guests tell us that ours was one of the best weddings they’ve ever attended because of the quality of service provided by everyone at The Nash. We have to agree! We are crossing our fingers that we can attend another wedding at The Nash in the future, but in the mean time, we love that can go to the restaurant to continue reminiscing about our wedding!
L+D 2022 Wedding at The Nash Restaurant
For our larger wedding, the event coordinator at The Nash met with us multiple times to walk us through the venue, brainstorm decor ideas, and discuss menu/logistics. We were also treated to a free meal and drinks at each meeting, which was a very nice touch.
We wanted an intimate ceremony and sit down dinner (50 people), followed by a large reception with passed appetizers, wine/prosecco stations, and cocktails (180 people). The venue flip from ceremony, to sit down dinner, to reception for 180 wasn't easy, but The Nash executed perfectly!
They also had a ton of staff on hand at all times to take coats, help with the photo guest book, and serve. I don't think anyone went more than 3 minutes without a refreshed drink in their hand!
Our vendors (florals, rentals, DJ, live musician) had no issues communicating with the venue, setting up, and getting whatever they needed.
We received glowing feedback from our guests on the quality and execution of the food (dinner, passed appetizers, dessert, and late night snack), cocktails, and the seamless flow of the day/evening.
If you're a self-proclaimed foodie and want to give your wedding guests and unforgettable experience, I highly recommend The Nash Restaurant!
The perfect venue
The events manager, Dominique, was a joy to work with and really helped make everything run smoothly. She was there to answer any little question we had leading up to the wedding and helped make sure everything was perfect on the day. The whole team at the Nash was so professional and fun. They really made the day special!
Do not hesitate to book you wedding at The Nash
Our Perfect Garden Party Wedding
My Husband and I were honored to have the support and guidance of The Nash team, for our Backyard Wedding Aug 2021. We were beyond impressed with the service, execution, food, hospitality, and guidance provided by Dominique & Chef Noble's team. Dominique's years of experience allows her to anticipate every guest need and details we wouldn't have been able to consider on our own. From initial planning, set up, take down, service, their offsite catering execution was on POINT.
Having to reschedule our wedding once due to COVID, Dominique worked with us in the uncertainty to help us shape the wedding of our dreams. In the excitement of the moment and visiting with guests in a cocktail style reception, she made sure that my Husband and I were well fed and that is a detail that I'll forever remember and shows that even in the moment, she knows exactly what needs to happen and what the lasting memories will be. We may have been too busy visiting to eat otherwise.
The food was incredible and our guests loved it. The serving staff were warm and knowledgeable. It is clear that when you book the Nash, you are receiving the benefit of decades of experience in hospitality from their team. No small details are overlooked and they will have the answer to questions you didn't even know you should be asking.
We loved our wedding at the Nash!
Exceptional Wedding Venue
The Nash Was The Right Choice!
The Nash: Incredible value, service, and overall wedding experience
Beyond expectations - our dream wedding.
What were the best parts of working with The Nash?
1. Flexibility: Given the changing health and safety rules, we went back and forth with our guest list so many times. The Nash was always willing to work around our changes and to suggest alternatives (like using the whole restaurant space) or separating tables to ensure we could make our plans work.
2. Menu: We are both foodies and it was really important to us that our menu reflect our personalities. The Nash kitchen took an old cultural family recipe and recreated it for us. It meant so much. They also welcomed customizations for dietary restrictions and allowed us to suggest flavour profiles we thought would be cool. The food was delicious - everyone raved! We also had more than enough, which had been a concern of ours.
3. Service: Dominique was always available to speak or meet with us and confirm any details or make any changes. We have no experience in wedding planning and she has a ton. It was like having a big sister take care of all the little details for you. From her expertise in seating arrangements, timing and schedules, to her incredible ability to keep the event flowing on time, she was a pro at everything! The service team at The Nash was also next level. They made my husband and I feel like royalty on the day of the wedding, and continuously checked up on us to make sure we had everything we needed. My husband's grandmother absolutely loved the cinnamon rolls for dessert. When one of the team members heard about this, she packed her a few to go and gave them to her on her handi-bus on the way home. This was so touching, it made such a difference to our experience.
4. Decor/venue: The location was so central, accessible, and had plenty of parking. It is ideal for families with young kids, seniors and everything in between. The rooms were gorgeous, with great backdrops for photos. We hardly had to add any decor, and Dominique helped us identify any extras we needed. The morning of, the team were there to get everything set up and we didn't need to enlist any help with set up or take down from anyone else - they took care of it all!
5. Cost: The cost was so reasonable especially when we reflect on the value we received. We were able to save so much on decor, wedding planners, set up and take down and other fees and it was all included at The Nash. The minimum spend was more than reasonable and we found the final price very manageable. Dominique was also always happy to ensure we worked within our budget. Compared to the quotes we were getting from other restaurants (that aren't nearly as great as The Nash), this choice was a no-brainer!
We highly recommend this restaurant for any couple planning a wedding and we have such happy memories from our special day. Thanks!
Are you interested?
Meet the team
Dominique created the wedding program at The Nash in 2016 and has planned and executed every wedding since. With 20+ years experience in the restaurant and event industry and her wine sommelier diploma, Dominique brings a high level of expertise and customer service to every couple. She will guide you through the whole process and be your day of coordinator.
Would you like to visit?