Update - June 2020
Intimate Weddings at Nikkei Place
Honour your wedding plans with an intimate wedding at Nikkei Place. Our spectacular gardens offer an ideal backdrop for an unforgettable event. Remember, your special day is still a special day.
With venues closing, new social distancing regulations, and restrictions on travel, many plans will need to shift to a more personal touch with close friends and family. Please tell us your story and how we can assist you with your venue and a day to remember.
With new social distancing rules, we can allow up to 30 guests in the Nikkei Garden and 27 guests safely seated in the Ellipse Lobby.
The Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre is a Burnaby-based venue that specializes in hosting weddings and events. This multi-use facility celebrates Japanese Canadian culture and includes a spectacular garden which offers an ideal backdrop for an unforgettable event. The expert staff at NNMCC will work to make sure your event is flawlessly executed the whole way.
Facilities and capacity during COVID-19 for your safety
This venue offers great facilities which operate on a first come first served basis and include reception packages depending on the facility chosen. These are:
- Special Event Hall (capacity for up to 75 guests seated)
- Ellipse Lobby (capacity for up to 27 guests seated)
- Kaede Room (capacity for up to 8 guests seated)
- Nikkei Garden (capacity for up to 30 guests seated for a ceremony)
The services offered for most of the reception packages can include the following:
- Use of Special Event Hall from 2 pm to 1 am
- Use of Community Kitchen for your preferred caterer
- Complimentary underground parking
- Two dressing rooms
- One security guard for duration of your event
- Full set up and take down of tables and chairs
- Portable bar rental
- Podium & microphone rental
- Beautiful outdoor garden for photo shoots
- Entandem (SOCAN and ReSound fee)
- Recommendation on catering, decoration, floral and other related services (optional)
It also offers other facilities for smaller gatherings which include:
- Intergenerational Room 105
- Tsubaki Room 200
- Kaede 210
- Sakura 250
- Matsu Room 201
It also offers services for:
- Birthday parties
- Bridal / Baby showers
- Christmas parties
- Memorials / Celebrations of life
The Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre is a building that was designed by architects Raymond & Jason Moriyama. Its sustainable and award-winning design reflects the venue's values and commitment to preserving Japanese Canadian heritage.
Banquet hall, museum
Classic, garden, modern
Clean up, outside vendors, set up
Reception Site Fee - Peak Season
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
10 reviewsWrite a review
6688 Southoaks Crescent V5E 4M7 Burnaby (British Columbia)