Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Wedding Day Surprise for Groom/bride

Holly, on May 5, 2019 at 12:16 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Hello again!

So I recently just set up 2 surprises for my very soon to be husband! And that got me wondering if anyone else has or is planning some sort of surprise for their future spouse.
The first surprise will be given to him in the morning, not sure when yet maybe when we wake up (spending the night before together) or give it to someone to deliver it to the room where he is getting ready. It is a bandana that I got from his aunt and it belonged to his Nana who passed away March 2017. They were so close and it broke his heart when she passed, when she was alive she always wore the bandana when we did the CIBC breast cancer run every year, she had breast cancer. So I plan to fold it up so it will fit in his suit jacket inside pocket right over his heart as a reminder that she is here with us. He can also use it to wipe his tears if he cries, which he probably will when I give it to him.

Second surprise is a groom's cake! We aren't having a huge wedding cake we are having a small one with cupcakes at the other tiers so the additional cake will not be too much. It will be a Detroit Red Wings themed cake, so he will love it!

So does anyone else have any surprises they are planning for their future spouse? Or maybe even for the guests or family? Let's hear it! 😊

14 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on May 21, 2019 at 14:11
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have any surprises for my FH but I definitely want to think of some now! I love what you're planning for yours Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I surprised him with a garter. We weren’t doing the garter toss, so he didn’t think I was going to have one. I had found one with his favourite nhl team logo and showed him during photos.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ok sooo..... that first surprise actually made me cry hahaa! That is so beautiful!

I have a secret plan for during the ceremony! And then a gift I will give him the night before! We are doing a catholic church ceremony so we cannot do our own vows, so I have basically written a super long letter with all my vows to give him the night before as well! I kind of like this because I can be as personal as I want as we wont be reading them to a room full of people haaha!

• Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm surprising my FH with a vintage watch 💕 I'll also be gifting our flower girl with something she could use as her 'something old' on her wedding day.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am surprising him with his groom's cake (he knows he will get it but not what the design is) and I'm surprising him with an ice. For anyone who doesn't know about those its when you hide a Smirnoff Ice cooler somewhere (in this case it will be in with his present that he is getting the day of) and whoever finds it has to chug it while on one knee with their hand behind their head. this will be his "liquid courage" for the day of the wedding. It's a common game we play when together with friends is 'icing' each other so his groomsmen are excited about it Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm absolutely stumped about what to do for my FH as a surprise! I've thought about a boudoir shoot, but I feel like I don't have the confidence for it right now (I gained some winter weight that I'm still trying to lose!).

Right now I'm thinking of personalized cuff links and walking down the aisle to an acoustic version of "Despacito" - I don't really care for the song but it's one of his faves lol

• Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To start feeling healthier along with I don't want to look back at my wedding photos and regret not making the effort to lose the weight I am going to do a bridal boot camp once I hit the year mark. I am going to attempt to do a boudoir shoot it is outside my comfort zone but I have been told it is a great confidence booster and he would never expect it. I will probably get my Bridesman to give it to him because it won't take him long to get ready.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    His gift will be his surprise. I’m going to get him cuff links - not sure whether engraving his initials is cheesy or not. He’s a lawyer and I just cringe when I see lawyers with embroidered shirts or cuff links.

bur anyway! Cuff links !
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great surprises! Never will expect that to happen and will make him cry for sure about his Nana's bandana. The grooms cake is also great though it isn't done as much now. What design did you get for him?

I wish there was something I could have had some extra money to get my husband a nice watch to wear and delivered while getting ready. It would have been a great gift he never would have known about.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg Holly, the first surprise is simply awesome, how thoughtful of you. I also am surprising my FH with a cake but a Greatful Dead one. We didn't plan on getting a cake so he won't be expecting it.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I hope he doesn't cry because then I'll cry..but he probably will lol
    And I think maybe give him the teaser before and the rest later, that would kind of work up to the wedding night lol
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That first surprise is the cutest thing ever! He will love that!
    I am doing a boudoir shoot in August and making an album. This will be his wedding gift, but I am unsure if I want to give him the whole album before the ceremony, or just a teaser and then give him the whole thing when we are together at the end of the night.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a super popular one! I would have but I just had a baby 6 months ago and even though he loves my body I am still not feeling like myself so I decided against that. But I absolutely love boudoir photos, and if it's out of your comfort zone and he won't expect it I think that makes it even better for him!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm considering doing a boudoir shoot with our photographer and getting someone to give FH the album the day of with a cute note. It's definitely outside my comfort zone so he'll never expect it and capturing his reaction will be priceless Smiley xd

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics