Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lydia
Beginner June 2019 British Columbia

Transportation for local venue

Lydia, on February 15, 2019 at 20:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Hi all,

Just wondering what people have done when their venue where they are getting ready at the venue, that is also holding the ceremony/reception, in regards to transportation? Have you hired transportation for after the reception instead? We live within walking distance of the venue.

TIA!

Lydia

9 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on February 25, 2019 at 10:33
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If it's all close I personally wouldn't bother.. It's an extra cost that doesn't sound like it's really needed.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't arrange any limos for us or the wedding party due to a short drive to the venue. All family and friends, wedding party drove themselves down staying the day before and night of the wedding. It saved us on the expense and time.

• Lydia
    Beginner June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone! I was pretty sure we were going without transport, but I started second guessing myself! Thanks for the input Smiley smile
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not arranging for transportation for our guests, and will likely get a simple car service (cleaner than a taxi cab, but not as expensive as a limo).

I've heard that our family vacation home is within walking distance to the venue, so if I have my druthers, I will comfortably walk to my ceremony (I walk every where so it's totally in keeping with my personality)....the hard part will be getting my family (and FH) to leave me be and let me do it. Smiley winking

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not having transportation since our venue is a hotel and we are staying there the night before/night of. We're both going to get ready in separate rooms and our wedding party will be at the hotel already too.

Most of our guests will be staying at the hotel too so we didn't worry about getting a shuttle for guests. Those who are in town will either have someone DD or take a cab home.

You could hire transportation for the drive home, but since you are so close, it might be worthwhile to ask someone for a lift home like Alycia said.

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I were you I’d save my money and ask a friend or family member for a lift home at the end of the night instead, since you’re so close I’m sure you’ll have many happy volunteers who wanna help the happy couple!

We are hosting everything in the same venue as well and it’s a hotel so I’ll be getting reading in our room. Our venue is a little over an hour away from home so we decided to offer a shuttle bus for our family and friends who wanna party and don’t wanna drive. My FMIL’s cousin owns a bus line and she says she’ll be able to get us a really good price, and the venue has already okayed it and offered spots for the bus. Driver (cousin) will be able to eat as a vendor lol

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a Limo that will pick up myself, my Parents and Wedding Party. If it's a nice day, we'll stop at the Water front for pics & then to the country Club. My Mom rented a special room downstairs for all of us to be comfortable, hidden and have an hour of fun time 2gether and a champagne toast. The limo leaves us there and pics up my FH, Fils and All the Groomsmen. The limo will finish by 3ish and done. At 1am the Limo will come back and pick up both sets of Parents and then Trevor and I. This way we get our 3 Hour minimum rental used up. We leave for our honeymoon Tues March 26 and limo will pick us up at 5am to take us to the airport. You are lucky to be so close! The limo for 3 hours was over $600
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing limos from my dads, and our house to get to pictures, and then to the venue for the ceremony.
    Our wedding is only 20 mins away so it will be up to the guests to get there. We will then get a limo just for us after the reception to where we will be staying.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lydia,

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question.

Our parents will be driving us to the venue, in time for the ceremony, since we don't have a wedding party to look after.

In terms of our guests, we will be arranging for a school bus to pick them up at multiple designated locations. The bus will be driving them back as well, at the end of the night.

Our RSVP form will have a section asking them if they are planning on utilizing the scheduled bus. This way we'll be able to plan accordingly with the bus company.

Hope I was able to answer your question Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics