Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Today would have been my wedding day

Sarah, on August 29, 2020 at 10:57 Posted in WeddingWire 0 9
I know I’m not alone and I find comfort in that but my heart is still broken.Today should have been our wedding day instead we are having a small get together with a few friends and family and are celebrating our one year countdown.This was our second attempt at getting married the first wedding date would have be August.23,2013 I found the old plans while going through our wedding stuff 💜I guess third time really is a charm because no matter what’s going on next year we are getting married.For all of those couples who have spent years planning and weeks crying due to grieving the loss of your wedding like we have know you are not alone and it’s ok to feel this way 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

9 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on August 31, 2020 at 17:10
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The photos turned out so fun! I'm so happy to hear you had a good day after all.

Happy tears can be a wonderful cure! Thanks for adding a little sunshine to the discussion boards!
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel you! Mine was the 22nd. The whole day I kept saying "I should be getting ready right now with my girls having fun" or "At this moment we would have been saying I do at the alter". Making myself cry haha! But we had a lovely romantic dinner and went for drinks after to celebrate. Its nice to see you had fun with loved ones! Like you we will be doing no more post-poning! Heres to 2021! Smiley heart Smiley ring

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally agree with you 100% !

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think every postponement couple needs to do something on the day to help the healing ♥️
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Today would have been my wedding day 1
    This day was amazing as I’m writing this I’m crying but for the first time in 2020 they are happy tears.I wish we would have just done the legal stuff today but it’s all good next year will be perfect no matter what happens because we had today ♥️
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ♥️ Today was magical a great way to let go of the loss to let go of all of the anger and the ugly tears.Today was the best day of 2020 and one of the best days of my life and I didn’t even marry my best friend so how cool is that??Today would have been my wedding day 2

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The loss of a great day to remember is compromised beacause if the hold back these days. Its terrible to hear a second chance could have taken place. We all hope your plan next year goes through as planned and the small wedding. Its tough to wait so much longer than your original date.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm sorry to hear that you're upset. It seems like a great idea to surround yourselves with people who care and try to put a positive spin on this. Don't be afraid to let yourself be upset, letting the pain out can be very healing!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel for you Sarah! My fiance and I went through the same thing 3 weeks ago. Our wedding was supposed to be August 8 Smiley sad I know all of the feelings your feeling. We did the same thing, got together with some family and close friends. We all went to our lake house for the weekend just to get away from the city and everything

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics