Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious April 2019 Ontario

Tips!

Trish, on August 25, 2018 at 07:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

Curious what to budget for tips.........Especially things like venue when we are already paying $18K! Limo, florist, etc.....photographer? Do you tip everybody?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on August 27, 2018 at 11:19
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most venues charge a gratuity so no need to add extra. unless someone specific did something over the top for you. then give them a tip directly.

tip wise they say if they are the owner you don't need to tip. but you can still do something nice for them like a handwritten card and small present. especially if their services were fantastic.

its always up to you. and based on the service the provide. like for us, our photographer is a good friend and she owns the business. she is giving us a deal on her services. so for her tip we are going to get her a gift card to a store she shops at (this is because I find when I shop with her, she NEVER does anything for herself...its always for her hubby and her kid. so we want to recognize how kind she is and for her to do something for herself).

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with the other posts. Normally you do not tip the venue (gratuity will already be there) and I also did not tip any vendor that had their own company.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Normally you don’t tip venue. If the catering is through them, then they charge gratuity, which is their “guaranteed tip” . People often say that you don’t tip it the person is the owner. So if your DJ owns the company, don’t tip. If he’s one of the many DJs that work for the company tip. Same with photographer. BUT our photographer is the owner, and we will still tip her. It can definitely be a preference thing. I don’t think you tip the florist! You are paying for a product as apposed to a service. Does that make sense? Haha limo, again it’s a service, so a tip is usually appreciated.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Tips are not required as your payments are their amount paid for the services. Recommending your vendor is enough to another person.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics