Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tristan
Beginner February 2019 Alberta

Shuttle to and from venue

Tristan, on December 8, 2018 at 13:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hi everyone,

I'm getting married about 20 min outside of canmore at camp chief hector. Most of my guest are staying at stoney naktota hotel and I'm looking for the most cost effective way to plan shuttles.

Do you think that guests will expect a shuttle service both to the venue and back? Or am I okay to just provide a safe ride back to the hotel?

What pick up times would you suggest... 11:30, 12, 12:30 ect...

Thanks in advance!!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on January 8, 2019 at 05:56
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely get a shuttle. Your guests will appreciate it, and it will deter people from drinking and driving.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think, since the accommodations are a decent distance from the venue, providing a shuttle is definitely a nice addition, and will be appreciated by the guests, but I wouldn't say it is necessary. If taxis have a poor response time, or no response time, to your venue, than a shuttle back would most definitely be necessary.

I think if budget permits, having a shuttle in both directions is the easiest solution for all of your guests. If you have one shuttle, than every pickup time should be about every 45 mins (20 mins each way plus load in/out time)... so maybe do one at 10.15 for the early birds... then 11pm, 11.45pm, last one at 12.30am? Depending on when you're wrapping up. You may not need the "early bird" one, as people who leave that early generally aren't drinking and will probably have driven themselves.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally feel that if there isn't a hotel close to the venue or your venue isn't in a town where it is easy to get a taxi. I think you should get a shuttle. it doesn't have to be fancy. just wheels.

my cousin's venue was 40 minutes from the nearest hotel. so she got a school bus. which ended up being a blast. she had 1 pick up/take to the venue. and at the end of the night she did 2 shuttles. 1 at midnight. then 1 at 130am.

worked out awesome.

20 minutes isn't bad at all. as long as people have the ability to get a taxi.

• Nikki
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    About 90% of my wedding guests are from out of town and the closest hotel is 30 minutes from our venue. Since we're hoping our wedding will be quite the party, we're having buses pick up at the hotel and bring them back later. I'm thinking we'll have 2 options to leave, 1 earlier and 1 at the end.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be renting a bus as our venue is a little further out than yours - ours is roughly 45 min from the perimeter of Winnipeg. So we will be offering a bus there and bus back. Depending on how many people like the idea we will have two different times that bus takes them back to the city but we are FOR SURE going to offer a ride there and back. It wouldn't' make sense to leave their car out there (unless it's as close as your venue and you get the okay from the camp).

With that being said, we are charging people if they want to use the bus (really cheap though! we just aren't made of money). I would assume a shuttle from the hotel may be free or at least cheap enough that it would be a really nice thing to have set up.

• Dar
    Frequent user December 2018
    Dar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say that because both those locations are out of the way -as far as taxis/transits go - a shuttle there and back would be very thoughtful. I would suggest checking with the Camp if people can leave their cars there overnight, if not, then you should provide both ways. The camp might actually have a bus that you can use for an additional cost. The number of pickups might need to depend on how many can fit in the shuttle and how many guests will be using it.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You absolutely do not have to provide a shuttle there/back no one would expect it! I think a shuttle ride home is a really nice way to ensure everyone gets back safely, but you really only need one pick up time. They can get themselves back if they don’t like it. I would have the shuttle come for just as the party ends to encourage people to stay for most of the night!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics