Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

My biggest fear on my wedding day .... my skin not cooperating..

Jessica, on May 28, 2018 at 12:32 Posted in Beauty 0 11

So unfortunately I have been cursed with horrible skin . I am 23 and still have yet to find something to control my acne . and I have tried EVERYTHING ! My biggest fear right now is that my shoulders, back chest or face will break out the week of the wedding ! I am doing everything I can to prevent it. I am even currently going to attempt a gluten free and dairy free diet until then just because I have read those could be contributing. Does anyone have any fantastic skin care tips to ensure I have a clear complexion on the day of !? My worst nightmare is looking back on the day and knowing everyone saw all my blemishes or them showing up in pictures !

11 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on May 30, 2018 at 21:38
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also get frequent breakouts on my face and back and have found that avoiding dairy helps a lot (I just got back from Cuba and didn't consume much dairy and my skin has never looked better).

• Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have talked to my doctor a few times right now I'm using a topical treatment she prescribed . It's not doing too bad unfortunately she won't give me anything like accutane ( I believe this is the pills you ingest ???) because they prefer I be on two methods of birth control while taking it ...Which I have bad reactions to just about every horomonal method I've tried so it's basically out of the question for now... I have heard how amazing it works from so many people. I will look into the Kate Somerville maybe ! I have been curious about that one for a while but I'm not sure if I can use it with my prescription! Thanks !
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've never had to deal with acne or anything like that (thankfully) but I've heard wonderful things about Doctor Pimple Poppers acne products. It has some amazing reviews and everybody raves about it. I'd look into that. She is an actual doctor who has created these products to help with problematic skin.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could try Kate Somerville's Blemish Banisher Kit from Sephora : https://www.sephora.com:443/search?keyword=productnotcarried

It'll give you a chance to try new products before committing to their full size bottles!

Also, if this has been a ongoing concern of yours, have you talked to your doctor about something like Accutane? I've had multiple people in my family and some friends who have gone through with this treatment and they have nothing but good things to say about the results. The treatment itself is pretty harsh on the skin, but the results are long-lasting.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am the same age and have the same problem. I've cut down on dairy products quite a bit and now I only break out around my period. I have started to use a mud face mask from Shoppers Drug Mart twice a week as well and that has helped with keeping my skin looking fresher.
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out the acne line from Dr.Pimple Popper

Apparently it works amazingly.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since I've stopped drinking milk and switched to almond milk, my acne has gone down significantly! I think cutting dairy will help, I use a charcoal face mask twice a week which helps control flare ups. Also talk with your makeup artist (if you are having one) to see if she had any tricks to cover up flare-ups! Good luck with everything!!

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could possibly have alpha 1 antitrypsin. Its a problem processing foods that contain trypsin. You would need a blood test to know if you have the conditon.

In that case egg white helps. You can ingest it raw or use it as a facial.

My sister had this and can only control the acne through a strict diet.

Just putting this out there.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am right there with you - except that I'm 37 and still suffer from outbreaks (currently have one on my chin and shoulders). I've spoken with my makeup artist about it, and we have a plan of attack if I happen to have a breakout.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dairy is a huge contributor to acne. So definitely cut that out. Try getting a charcoal soap to use in the shower, I hear that works well. And most importantly, water, water and more water. Make it your main drink. Add some lemon slices as well because that will help.
  • Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Deciem: The Abnomal Beauty company has great products, they've helped me tremendously. I use The Ordinary. They have a few stores in Toronto, Mississauga that I know of.

Also, seriously stick with the no sugar, no gluten/wheat, no dairy diet - it will really help.

Also, try cleansing juices and things like that. Don't stress. Don't touch your face during the day and do a mild cleanse with warm water before bed. As for your back, try a cleanse with hot water to open the pores and clean them, and then rinse off with cold to close them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics