Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Let's Talk Photos! Engagement

Joey, on June 25, 2018 at 09:41 Posted in Before the wedding 0 36

Have you done (or will you be doing) an engagement photo session? Are you using the same photographer for e-pics that you're using for your wedding? Drop your favorite e-pics below if you have them already!

Let's Talk Photos! Engagement 1

Photo by Robert Demeter Photography in Burnaby BC

>>Click here to talk about Boudoir photography

>>Return to the start of the Let's Talk Photos game for more photo talk

36 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on July 4, 2018 at 15:21
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I are having our engagement pictures done next Wednesday! I'm nervous. Our photographer is the same one who will be photographing our wedding.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a mini engagement shoot with one of our photographers. It was actually our photographers second shooter as our photographer broke her pelvic last summer a couple weeks before our shoot!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love these!!! We're doing the distillery district too!

We're actually having 3 engagement shoots hahaha! One with our hired photographer... we won an engagement shoot with another company from the Bridal Show. And we have a mutual friend who wanted to do some for us as well!!

I will be in photo heaven I love photos so much~

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes we have done our engagement photos. Got them done at the Calgary Zoo, that was my dream venue but the price was outrageous so we got the photos done instead.

• Lizmridha
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Lizmridha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Engagement PhotosLet's Talk Photos! Engagement 2Engagement PhotosLet's Talk Photos! Engagement 3Engagement PhotosLet's Talk Photos! Engagement 4Engagement PhotosLet's Talk Photos! Engagement 5Engagement PhotosLet's Talk Photos! Engagement 6

• Lizmridha
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Lizmridha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We using two different photographer for engagement and wedding. I wish we used the same one but my wedding photographer is a little pricey, so we had to go with someone else. I'm okay with dropping a few grand for weeding photography but not for a two hour engagement session.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used same photographer for engagement pics as our wedding.

• Brenda
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll have the same photographer for engagement and wedding! The engagement session is going to be in the coming month and I still haven't decide on my outfit for the session haha

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing ours August 18 on top of a mountain! I'm sure I'll be dying after the hike, so I made sure it's at least late enough in the summer that I'll be tan enough to cover my beat red face 😂

My photographer is the same for noth the gnagement and wedding photos, and I'm so excited to see her work with our awkward selves!
  • Ilish
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Ilish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a night before photo shoot at the location we got engaged. Just us... I think it’ll be special!

Let's Talk Photos! Engagement 7
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This looks like the movie poster for a Nicholas sparks movie, it's so fricken cute!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted to use the same photographer for both but the one who did our engagement photos was booked for our wedding date so we found a different for the wedding. Both have amazing photos and similar styles so we are super excited!
    We did our engagement photos at The Guild park in Scarborough

Let's Talk Photos! Engagement 8

Let's Talk Photos! Engagement 9

Let's Talk Photos! Engagement 10
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They were included in our package. We did them late though; end of May for a July wedding. But, I didn’t want winter photos and for us, winter lasts from October to April! Almost.

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had such a short engagement (6 months) that I felt it was a waste of money, since we're getting wedding photos in now 4 months. We skipped them!

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I froze my butt off and we did photos at a museum here in Ottawa in January in -30 degree weather. We wanted to use them for save the dates so we couldn't wait for warmer weather but I do love how them turned out - you can barely tell how cold we were.

Let's Talk Photos! Engagement 11

Let's Talk Photos! Engagement 12

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice! Yes outdoors is her thing Smiley smile She was great with us for our location.. It wasnt a short drive and then we did a small hike to get where we wanted to go.

Have you been to Kanaka Creek? Theres some beautiful spots in that park for photos too! You cant go wrong with Golden Ears though!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not 100% sure. We live in Maple Ridge, so we were thinking up at Alouette Lake/Golden Ears Provincial Park... She really shines with the rustic/outdoors look... and we love it.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Rachel is amazing! She was so much fun to work with and her photos are stunning.
    Where are you going to take your engagement photos? Have you picked yet??
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did engagement photos in December with our wedding photographer, it was apart of our wedding package. Then we won a Valentine's day contest and did a second shoot with that photographer in March!

Let's Talk Photos! Engagement 13

Let's Talk Photos! Engagement 14
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing engagement photos since our photog includes it in the package (and shes a friend...so if she didn't...I would have paid her for them). I think it will be good to have them just to get my FH used to posing etc. and be more comfortable with it.
    we are doing fall photos since we are having a summer wedding.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We totally have the same photographer!!! Ahh. I'm so excited to work with Rachel. We haven't taken our engagement photos yet... I'm thinking we will do it mid to late July... So excited!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had some family friends shoot our engagement photos.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did our engagement shoot already, our friend took our engagement photos. Since she is a part of our wedding we hired a different photographer for the wedding Smiley smile

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did one July 2017.

Let's Talk Photos! Engagement 15

Let's Talk Photos! Engagement 16
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be doing ours on our 3 year anniversary in October, which is a year away from the wedding! We will be using some of the pictures for our save-the-dates!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did engagement pictures. We wanted to get to know our photographer and I'm SO glad we did it. It made me realize I talk ALOT and like 75% of our pictures is clearly just me talking which isn't super flattering. Made me a bit more aware of what I was doing haha. But we did get a couple STUNNING ones which I'm happy about.

Let's Talk Photos! Engagement 17

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't get a chance to do engagement photos which I really wanted to do. If we were able to do it, I would have for sure gone with my photographer for my wedding.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be taking engagement photos since they're included with our photography package. Unfortunately, we haven't have the oppourtunity to take them yet since our photographer is between Toronto and Winnipeg!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our pictures taken June 2016
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to nix the engagement photos, as we didn't find them necessary. We took a couple of pictures right after getting engaged (adrenaline-filled selfies in the mountains), but that's it. We also found it difficult to plan such photos, as we live across the country from our wedding photographer.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re definitely going to be doing engagement photos! I like the idea of getting comfortable with the photographer and for my fiancé who just doesn’t like pictures I think getting comfortable will help a lot!
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did engagement photos. They came free with our wedding package. We are having a summer wedding, so we went with fall colours for these photos. Neither FH nor I really like having our picture taken, so we were really happy at how they turned out.

Let's Talk Photos! Engagement 18

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics