Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How will you handle tears during your ceremony?

Joey, on April 2, 2018 at 07:51 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 27

Think you've thought of every possible detail about your wedding ceremony? There are a few things many couples forget to consider.

I'm betting there might be some emotional moments during you ceremony. Who will be stocked up with tissues or hankies in case of tears?

Good thing this groom was prepared!How will you handle tears during your ceremony? 1

Photo by Luminous Studios

>>Click here to go to the next question, Who will clean up the decor after the ceremony?

27 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on December 4, 2019 at 17:15
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going to be a blubbering mess because i cry easily due to a medical reason (I have very little emotional control that part of my brain is messed up). So i will have tons of tissues! everyone is going to be laughing because its a running family joke how much/easily i cry. i think the only one who will be hysterical with me will be my gramie because the second i start crying so does she. my parents will be too. I will have to have someone watching my stepdad to try and get footage of him crying because i have never seen that man cry and it has become almost a game. but i know he will cry this time and i need proof!

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t thought about that yet
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not a huge fan of using Kleenex on my face since they irritate it. I’ll probably just touch my finger to the bottom of my eye to clear it up
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had folded up a couple Kleenex and tucked an end under the ribbon and held it with my bouquet. It was a little bit of a problem passing the bouquet to my MOH because I hadn’t told her there were Kleenex to grab with it. I actually only cried a little surprisingly!
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not much of a crier, but I will have someone close to me hold some kleenex just in case.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha we will have to have a kleenex box near by

• Tasha
    Curious April 2019 Alberta
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I guarantee I will be crying haha

I'm actually considering false lashes so I don't end up with raccoon eyes! FH has said he'll probably tear up as well, so maybe I'll go in prepared with tissues for both of us!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Surprisingly there were no tears from us since I had to be the stronger half taking control of the day and pull my husband together.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do not think I will cry but if I do I know my mom will be prepared.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I stashed mine in my cleavage as I didn't have pockets and when I went to fish them out during the ceremony a few people started laughing so I turned to our guests and said "my dress doesn't have pockets guys, where else was I supposed to put them" which made everyone laugh. It was a nice little funny moment!

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hadn't thought of this at all, so i need to add to my to do list

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thankfully I was ok! One of my bridesmaids had a few extra tissues for me just in case!

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hopefully my FH remembers to stash some in his pockets. If not i made mini tisssue boxes for people to take, so there should be no shortage of tissues!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like my fiancé and the best man will be prepared but my bridal party will all be crying so I will some of their tissues
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think he will have to haha I'm sure everyone will have Kleenex!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone... everyone will need tissues... Haha. My FH should have some. My mom should have a box. Same with my FMIL.

However, these double D's have to be good for something... I know I'll have a tissue tucked in there somewhere. (Our families are funny/a little raunchy, they will think stashing tissues in my dress is hilarious).

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sure my FH will have a pocket full of kleenex lol he cries more than I do!

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I literally have no idea. This is a running joke with my fiance and I because I literally cry over everything. I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it haha it will be interesting for sure.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I suppose we will see when we get there lol I have no plan for this because I know that I'll be a mess. Just lots of tissues tucked away everywhere
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not too sure haha cross that bridge when I get there

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I told my FH to put tissues in his jacket for me.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My stepdad is walking me down with my mom so I’ll ask him to make sure he has some tissues for sure lol. My fiancé and MOH will probably have some too. I was taught in a wedding that I was in to hide some in your hand with your bouquet
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My something old is actually a hankie from my FMIL. It’s been passed down for four generations now. And I will have it with me while I go down the aisle. Not that it’s going to do me much good... I’m going to be a wreck!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance will have some tissues in his pocket for me and we may have to hide a box behind the arch in case more are needed!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going to lay down tissues in my FH’s pockets, my MOH, and my parents. I’m generally quick to tears so I know I’ll need them lol.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll most likely cry and will most likely ask the officiant to have a some tissues ready for me at the front haha.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll probably stuff some tissues in my MOH's pockets (thank goodness she picked a dress with pockets!) but there's part of me that doesn't think I'll cry.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics