Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Curious September 2021 Ontario

Head table and kids

Monika, on November 14, 2019 at 15:09 Posted in Before the wedding 0 11

Hello,

My bridal party consists of 3 women and 3 men, and 5 of those have kids! SMALL kids (i.e breastfeeding to the age of 6).

Initially, I wanted to have a head table where the significant others can sit with us too...until I realized everyone has babies/toddlers...

Any solutions!? Should I just have a sweetheart table to avoid the headache? Or does anyone have some creative ideas of how to seat significant others and kids of the bridal party?

Thanks!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Meaghan, on November 17, 2019 at 09:16
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do a sweetheart table. Everyone is happier when they can sit with their families. It also is more distracting as a parent when your child wants you/your partner needs a hand and you feel like you can't assist.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going with no head table. I cant stand anyone watching me eat. Even worse taking pictures of me eating. I would rather sit at a normal table.
  • Tori
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren’t doing a head table or sweet heart table. We plan on sitting at a regular table (at the front of the room) with our siblings and their s/o’s. Then the rest of our wedding party can sit at close by tables with friends and their s/o’s. I never liked head tables (I don’t need people watching me eat 😋) and saw this idea at another wedding and really liked it!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also went back and forth between: a head table with just wedding party (no S/Os or kids), sweetheart table, or allowing S/Os and kids at the head table.

We ended up doing the head table with just the wedding party. S/Os and kids had a table near the head table, so they were able to interact

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went back and forth between a head table and sweetheart table as 3 of the bridesmaids had kids, and 2 of the fathers were groomsmen.
    In the end I asked the bridesmaids what they would prefer and they had no problem sitting at the head table.
    The youngest children were barely 2 and sat with their siblings or cousins and the table was beside the grandparents. If you want to avoid the trouble and drama just do a sweetheart table.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a sweetheart table and it was great! Our bridal party got to sit with their significant others and kids, and the 2 of us had a place that was just for us, which allowed us to check in with each other throughout the evening. Highly recommend!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just have you two at a table. i feel like thats gonna be a 15 person table it will be WAYYY too crowded especially with babies and little kids

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a sweetheart table would be a great solution, that way the party members with kids can spend a little time with their family and you and your new spouse can enjoy a little private time. Plus it'll be easier for the nursing mom's to sneak off to feed or pump if they aren't at the table that all the attention is drawn to.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say that these are the options I see:

1. No kids at all unless they are under 3 months at the time of the wedding (which means none of them currently qualify...

2. Sweetheart table works fine

3. Head table with S/O's sitting with the kids (which only works if you don't have any couples in the wedding party)

Personally I would go with option 1. but we didn't have anybody invited that was under the legal age of 18... Otherwise I would go with a head table if that's what you want. It's your day and if you don't like the idea or look of a sweetheart table then don't do it.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Kelsie, I'd definitely go with the sweetheart table. Not only do significant others get to sit with each other and their kids, but you and your FH will also get some time to yourselves to talk and just be with each other before having to be more social after dinner. So I think it's a win/win

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me, personally, I'd just do a sweetheart table. It's easier and you don't need to worry about the kids having tantrums, or screaming or crying while you're sitting and trying to hear speeches, etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics