Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Adrianna
Beginner September 2020 Ontario

Hair and Make up Trial

Adrianna, on February 24, 2020 at 12:36 Posted in Beauty 0 22

Hello all,

When does a bride typically get their hair and make up trial done? I am trying to plan out when everything should happen so i don't miss anything!

22 Comments

Latest activity by Darmae, on June 8, 2020 at 23:21
  • Darmae
    Curious December 2020 Ontario
    Darmae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be doing my makeup trial this coming August for our engagement shoot and will probably have my hair trial on November for my bridal shower Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since my fiance and I don't live in the province we're getting married in, I'm having my trial done 4 days before the wedding Smiley smile

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anytime. i had my trial in october 2019 and my wedding is aug 2020. i would do it now get it over and done with

• K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My makeup trial is this month- wedding is June 20. My hair trial was supposed to be the same weekend but my hairdresser went on maternity leave early due to complications- so at present time, I have no hair trial yet.... but she reassured me that 2 months out is no problem... so we’re hoping to do it after her delivery (late April)
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My hair/makeup people suggested I do it for our engagement pics or some other "occasion".

We already had our engagement pics, and i didn't want the same hair and makeup for that. I think I just chose a random Friday and took off work a couple hours early before the long weekend. It was in May and our wedding was September. It doesn't really matter when you do it.

• Sammi0723
    Beginner September 2020 Alberta
    Sammi0723 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No need to panic, my wedding is in May and my appointment for hair and makeup is in March as well.

My stylist told me 2 months before, is more then enough time. I feel like the only issue you would have is if you absolutely HATED the way your stylist did your hair and you couldn't get something you liked from them? trying to find someone else to do it in such short notice?

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing make up trial for my bachelorette and hair for my bridal shower! Figured it was a good chance to show it off, and test out durability before the day of haha.

• V
    Newbie February 2020 Alberta
    Vincent ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did my makeup trial seven weeks in advance, and my hair about 5 weeks before the wedding.

• Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Panic has slightly set in.... I see everyone booked theirs way in advance! Mine is in March and I'm getting married in May

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing my trial at the bridal shower in April.Figured I might as well look fabulous for both events lol wedding is in August.
  • Shyan
    Curious January 2021 British Columbia
    Shyan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I booked mine to time up with my engagement photo shoot Smiley smile

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding is coming up in May. Had my trail early Feb. I booked her back in October I would say.
  • Adrianna
    Adrianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

AHHH so you are like me then lol I was afraid it was too early. I'm thinking i will do it in a month or two when i do my first fitting. Thanks!

• Adrianna
    Adrianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! this was super helpful!!

• Adrianna
    Adrianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fantastic idea. I think i'll do this!!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My plan is to go about a month before so that my hair doesn't change a lot between the trial and the wedding.

For makeup I'll do around a month/3 weeks as well. We're getting married in early October so if I go in the summer I might be more freckled or tanned (unlikely, I'm super pale!) than I would be at the wedding which might throw off the colors they use.
    I don't plan on using the same salon so I'll do the hair and the makeup on separate days if I can. I'm doing boudoir photos for my fiance's wedding gift so I might use the makeup trial for that day so I'll be made up.
  • K
    Beginner October 2020 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married October 17, I have a trial booked for May for our engagement photos and another one September 26 for my bridal shower. I did two because I can’t decide what makeup look I want to go with.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I asked my hair stylist for what the usual is, which is about a month. My wedding is August 15th and I am going on July 11th for both my hair and my makeup trial. My stylist said to book it around a month with your makeup because if you don't like the way it looks, then you still have time to think of a new idea.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just did mine now in February the same day as my engagement photos and my wedding isn’t till August. I’d suggest doing hair and makeup the same day so you see the full thing and not just hair one day and makeup another day.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say it's preferable to have the trial the day you are going to be trying on your dress so you can see how it looks all together - but otherwise I would say maybe for your bridal/wedding shower if you are having one so it doesn't go to waste if you don't mind others seeing it?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting mine done 2 months before - mid May and my wedding is in July!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing mine 2 months before just so that if things need tweaked and I feel like I need another trial, then I still have time to book a second one

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics