Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kathy
Devoted June 2018 Ontario

Fun Wedding Favour Ideas

Kathy, on October 5, 2017 at 14:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19

So I have been struggling to come up with an idea that both my FH and I really love for wedding favours. I want to make sure it is going to be something that people will actually use and enjoy. I also like the idea of doing something a bit different that you don't see too often. So far, the only idea I have found that we kind of like is scratch ticket favours. Has anyone seen this done before? And if yes, was it received well by guests? Any other ideas are welcome! Again, we are looking for something a little different and unique.

Scratch Ticket Wedding FavourScratch Ticket Wedding Favour

Photo from Pinterest

19 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 8, 2018 at 08:50
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Set to guests with eaxh household names.thank you cards placed on top.

Fun Wedding Favour Ideas 1
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did cookies for our favours - there were absolutely none left and we ordered extra!!
    I have also seen tree seedlings as favours and the price is really reasonable.

our cookie favours - 2 per packageFun Wedding Favour Ideas 2

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Friends of ours had their favourite coffee grinds in a cute package with a gift tag saying something like “Thank you for celebrating with us. Here is a little something to help tomorrow morning!”
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The scratch tickets are a neat idea. Depending on how many guests you have, it could run into some serious money. I made apple butter and peach/plum compote for our fall wedding. I already had the jars from years before and the fruit was bought at a discounted price. Easy and inexpensive.

Fun Wedding Favour Ideas 3

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my, I am so IN LOVE with the idea of scratch and win!
  • Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never heard of the idea, but I agree with other replies that people won’t leave them behind! Favours are hard because you don’t want to waste money and find them all left behind.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's a unique idea. I've never heard of someone doing that. We're giving out our favourite books as wedding favours.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are making hot sauce, with homegrown peppers and and bottling it! This is my fiances big wedding task. I'll keep you postedSmiley winking
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a really neat idea! These will definitely not be left on the table.

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What a cute idea!!
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love this idea! to bad we dont have pennies anymore lol, looks like it will be nickels now.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never seen this but I love it!

• Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was thinking chocolate coins would be cute on the outside of the envelope! I love the idea of custom tin mugs as a favour. Totally goes with the winter wedding style!

• Gabriella
    Curious November 2018 Alberta
    Gabriella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooooh I love this idea! Way less likely that guests will just leave them on table at the end of the night. I'm wanting to do mulled wine as a welcome drink (winter wedding) and have guests keep a monogram tin mug. Something with Canadian Tire money on the card might be cute too, or chocolate coins Smiley smile

• Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so cute, I was thinking "Lucky in Love" or "For Richer or For Poorer"... Glad to hear everyone liked them!

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to a wedding this summer, and their favour was scratch tickets. Everyone loved them! They had a cute little tag that said "Lucky in Love" or something on them.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to have a photobooth that prints. So each guest can have a photo to take home that has our wedding date and info on there. We also get all the digital copies as well.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Someone else just posted a party favour discussion. There are some ideas on there too! I love the idea of the scratch tickets. I just don't like people knowing how much you paid for them. We did bottle stoppers for our engagement:

Fun Wedding Favour Ideas - 1
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I are serving cupcakes as our wedding cake and they are doubling as our favour since we will be already serving dessert at dinner. We just have to find cute boxes to give our guests to put their cupcake into to take home.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics