Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Curious May 2022 Alberta

For those of you who have eloped or had a small ceremony..

April, on April 28, 2020 at 11:38 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5

How did your day play out? Did you have your dad(or whichever special person) walk you down the "aisle" We are planning on having a small ceremony on May 8 and I haven't a clue on what actually to do at the ceremony! Help!!

5 Comments

Latest activity by April, on June 5, 2020 at 13:39
  • A
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just posted!!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What did you end up doing? can you post for other girls so they know how a day would plan out

• A
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are sooo fortunate that both our parents will be able to attend as well as our siblings and our nieces. We will be doing it in a park, thats why i am not overly sure what to do. We also plan on having a vow renewal on may 8 next year on our wedding date back up day. So that should make it a bit more special as well.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some couples on here have eloped without walking down the aisle as it was done on the front lawn or porch of their home. The only people present were the Officiant and photographer for the short time and later on next year to take their celebration pictures at the venue. Families stayed in the cars parked on the curb and neighbours got to see something special too.

Its fair to say your parents not to be present if FH parents may not be able to fly out now or on your day possible. Keeping it simple and doing a vow renewal for the first year anniversary with everyone present will make it special being there later this year or next.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do whatever makes you happy! There are lots of things from your original plan, like being walked down the aisle, a first look, or readings (live or recorded) from loved ones that you can still keep.

For us our ceremony will be private. If my fiance's family can't enter the country (which is highly unlikely) then it seems only fair that my parents shouldn't be there either. My plan is to get ready like we would have, maybe with a friend or two if allowed, and do our first look. After our ceremony I'd like to have some wedding photos done, then if restaurants are open we will get dinner at one of the fancier places nearby or get takeout and have a romantic dinner at home.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics