Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Essential or Extra: Engagement Photos?

Lynnie, on September 17, 2018 at 10:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 24

What about engagement pictures? Are taking engagement photos essential to you, or just a fun extra? Essential or extra?

best-fall-colours-toronto-engagement-pho

Photo by Samantha Ong Photography in Toronto

Next Question - Essential or Extra: Videography?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on May 13, 2019 at 15:31
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Essential! I am so excited for our engagement photos. Smiley heart

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Essential! I love having photos together that aren't so formal

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Essential, but not for the use of save the dates or anything like that. It's always great to have some nice pictures, but to be 100% honest....We are going to use it as an opportunity to work with the photographer we are considering for the wedding before signing them up for the big event. Wedding photos are one of the things we both agree we are willing to splurge a bit on, so finding the right photographer is high on our list.

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far this is the only one that I might say "essential" for hahaha

For me, it was essential. Neither of us are huge picture people so it was important to me that we used the opportunity to take some really nice photos of us as a couple. We are having a long engagement so it'll be over 2 years before we have wedding photos and in the meantime, it's nice to have some good pictures that celebrate us as a couple.

Plus, my sister-in-law has been hounding us for a nice picture to put up on her fridge for like 3 years now soooo... haha

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Essential. We got to know our photographers before the big day, how they shoot, what poses they like from us. And then we got to see what we could expect from our wedding photos!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra. We're getting ours done purely due to the fact that it was included with our photography package and there is no opt-out option.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Essential so my FH and I can get used to being in front of a camera together

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Essential for us Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Essential to see what bounds the love before the big day and great for invitations to add that personal touch. Also great for a slide show for guests to see.

Exrra if its not part of the package of the photographer. The cost is equivalent to photo albums about.
  • Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think theyre important
    I never got to do them as we didnt have the money
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Extra, but ours are included with our photographer! So we’re getting ours done on Friday!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Essential. These were part of our package anyways, so there was no extra cost. It was great to meet our photographer and get a feel for the way they work, and their personalities. It will be less awkward the day of because of this time!

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Essential.. great way to get comfortable with your photographer!
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Essential! I am so excited to do mine. My FH and I are not picture taking people, therefore we really do not have a lot of photos of us so it will be really nice. I would like to use them as save the dates as well.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Essential! We didn’t have any professional photos together (it also came with our photgraphy package). But seriously, how could I say no to having more amazing pictures?!
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Extra, but we won our engagement shoot and it was a great opportunity to get to know our wonderful photographer. It actually made me a lot more relaxed about our photos (I'm not used to posing for photos or comfortable having my picture taken at all)
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Extra, they were included in our wedding photography package. Honestly if they were not then we wouldn't have done them because we don't need the extra costs when it's really not that important. As much as I wanted them they just aren't considered essential to us.
  • Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Extra but it was in our package and I am so thankful we did because we got to spend time with our photographer and it calmed us for the big day + im absolutely in love with them!!!

Phil Boudreau is amazing ❤️

Essential or Extra: Engagement Photos? 1
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Essential - I am a firm believer that people don't get enough good photos of themselves anymore! Sure we have lots of selfies, but how many people actually have good pictures they love?

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Extra. Not doing it. I love the look of them, but I can’t see us using them for anything. I’ll wait for wedding photos to hang up
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Extra! But that didnt stop us from having 2... maybe 3 sets done! Hahhaha!!!
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra, and we love ours! we did 2 sets and they're the best. the fall ones ended up on our save the dates and the spring ones included our dog who was so handsome!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra - Personally, I don't like the idea of engagement photos. I'd rather have a phone full of candid shots from our weekend hangouts and random trips.
    Our photographer did offer it, but we'd have to fly back home to do them, which didn't make sense to us, so we've opted out of them.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extra once again - but doing it!! lol

We will be doing our engagement photo's sometime in November or December once the winter light show is back up and running as that is where I proposed to my then boyfriend and now FH!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics