Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miav
Devoted September 2020 Alberta

Decision making

Miav, on July 20, 2019 at 18:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Hi! Which do you think are aspects of wedding planning that brides usually change their minds on? venue, dress, cake design, decor..etc

we are more than a year out and I've already changed my mind so many times about ceremony style, reception layout and decor!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 23, 2019 at 13:04
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Changing minds can happen anytime and on anything. Just know that once you have the Venue along with other vendors booked, they have your full attention to what you want done and to your vision for the day.

The venue is the base of what style and type of décor you want to get done. Details of the cake design, ceremony service and reception concept is the final result of what you have decided on. As long as deposits haven't been put down, then your ok to choose what you want and whom to choose along the way. Once booked and finalized, its non-refundable and can change the design or style with the vendors as your deciding.

The best thing that you can do is make a planning board for ideas of colours, style, layouts and whatnot so you have a concept that will lead to what vendors can suggest if needed to have them help.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't changed my mind on many things I've been looking for 2 years off and on but with Pinterest I've found improvements on ideas. When I was younger my vision would have been 100% different though.
  • Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say dress and decor, because for these two, there are countless options and styles!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For sure would say decor!

I'm in love with the venue and my dress, and the cake hasn't even been ordered yet - plus I would be fine with a cake from Safeway or Sobeys...

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've definitely been back and forth on style and decor the most! I know some brides get dress FOMO - especially since we usually have to order a year out and then see new designs launched.

I was going to do one type of signage, but then decided on something else (thankfully before I started making the original signs!). Now that I'm 3 months out, I feel like I have to commit to what I picked out and that's that!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Decorations for sure! I think those changed up until the week of the wedding for us haha!

Also small details! You plan for so many things and realize at some point... there is just not enough time! Things will change and things will be cut! Just remember no matter what you pre-plan, only you and your partner know about it! What people see on the wedding day is ALL they will see and they will never know about things that are missing or didn't go as planned! That idea alone helped us a LOT with stress!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have to agree with this one! I have been engaged since Feb 2018, and the only thing that has changed multiple times were the centerpieces! I finally had to stop pinning ideas on Pinterest and just stick to what I had picked out! Things are always changing, so it is very hard to stay with one lol

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks a lot! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

vendor meetings

take a look at this... obviously, if you're going to change your mind you're going to change your mind, but this article helps you really plan out your vendor meetings so you know exactly what to expect. The more info you have from the start, the easier to make decisions.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think lots of brides get second thoughts on their dress, especially while it’s being made and taking a while to come in. Biggest tip is stop looking at dresses once the dress has been bought!

Personally, I haven’t changed my mind on any wedding aspects ...Yet!!
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Truthfully, I didn't change my mind about anything. Follow your heart and stick with your gut.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been engaged since May 2018 and so far the only thing i’ve really changed my mind about is the centrepieces!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics