Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Expert September 2018 British Columbia

Day of Coordinator

Kim, on March 1, 2018 at 18:14 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7

I'm having a hard time justifying hiring a DOC for our small (40 family member) Sunday afternoon wedding. We will be doing a ceremony followed by cocktails and canapes while we do pictures, and then a buffet luncheon. My family and I will decorating the venue and we won't have a DJ.

But I feel like there are probably things that need to be done by *someone* during and in between the ceremony, cocktail hour and luncheon... I'm just not sure what those things are! Help me with a list so I can decide whether my family can handle them or if I need a DOC after all! (we aren't having a wedding party so they can't help!)

7 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 9, 2018 at 15:21
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't even need a list to tell you that your family can totally take care of things. Our family and friends helped us the day of our wedding and we had about 80 people.

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not even hiring one for our wedding of 120! Everything is happening on location so people should just follow suit with what we do, plus we will have signs listing the times for everything and have an mc to help guide people along.

• K
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank for the link!

Yes we have a banquet manager who should be there. The catering is being done by the venue. My mom, aunt and I are decorating. No DJ. Other than officiant and possibly photographer, we have no other vendors to oversee.

I don't think we need a DOC, I'm just nervous that I might be forgetting or not thinking about something that will need to be done!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is there a coordinator at your reception venue who will oversee set-up and the arrival of your other vendors? If so then you might be set!

You can also check out this article about different kinds of wedding planners and what they do: The Ultimate Guide to Wedding Planners

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not having one to be honest. I think a lot of venues will have a main point of contact for you, who can sort of be used as a day of coordinator.

• K
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Jessica - the venue will move the chairs from the ceremony space back to the tables for the reception. My brother will MC.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you need to re-arrange chairs or move tables around between the ceremony and reception?

You'll probably want an MC to make sure people know where to go and what to do during that time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics