Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

Bridesmaid gone.. one month to go.

Emily, on June 22, 2019 at 13:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

So here we are a little over a month to go before our wedding date and one of the bridesmaids ( my cousin) has up and backed out.

she has advised me that her mother has paid for her to go away for that weekend so she will be going away, she is also upset that she paid for a dress once ( we had changed date and color and wedding date was 2 years away at the point when she bought her dress). honestly it doesn't surprise me she backed out, just wish she could have given me a little more notice.

sorry for the rant!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on June 24, 2019 at 15:45
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm it is confusing that all this would come about so close to your wedding. Do you think this is a bit of stick it to you for the whole changing date/colour thing? Weird that your Aunt would go along with it but take it in stride and move. At the end of the day how much does it change your day? Are you looking to replace her?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That was my first thought! Like, ya it's crazy for a cousin to choose a vacation over a wedding - but the Aunt planning it makes it just insane to me!

I guess even though it's so close to the wedding date and they are family, now you know what their priorities are?

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so bizarre! What a crazy thing for your aunt to do.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would be upset too, I find it extremely odd your aunt would do something like that when she new there was an event.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd be upset too! I'm sorry that this happened to you!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its hard to know what happens when one wedding party goes through everything you want them to do and be at the time about. Backing out the month before is hard to hear. Though you knew it would happen, you handled it perfect and know your wedding day is going to be smooth without any distractions or annoyance.

• Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds so frustrating! I admire that you're handling it so well - I don't know how I would react if one of my girls decided to bail on my wedding to go on a trip.. She couldn't have waited until the next day? Smh.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow. She couldn’t move her trip to another weekend? That would upset me a little bit, but at least she told you this early instead of closer to the date!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow ..that’s ridiculous. She can go away any time ...wow!! That would miff me a bit but honestly just focus on your day knowing the people that truly care will be there with you!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How frustrating! and honestly, so inconsiderate that she would do this so close to your wedding! it sounds like you’re handling it well though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics