Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Robyn
Super June 2019 Ontario

Best thing about moving in with your partner?

Robyn, on April 8, 2019 at 22:48 Posted in Living together 0 17
Hey all! To stop myself from stressing out about wedding stuff, I am focusing on how awesome it will be to finally live with my FH. Because of our traditional families, we live separately, but we have travelled together for extended periods of time. One of my favourite moments in our relationship was finding out he sings when he's doing any kind of chore - like, he narrates what he's doing in song. It's HILARIOUS.
I feel like sometimes the married people I know are really eager to talk about the difficulties of first living together, and I know it will be an adjusrment, but I want to focus on the positive. So my question to everyone is: what was the best thing about moving in your partner? Did you learn anything new about them? And if you aren't living together, what are you most looking forward to?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Geneviève, on November 7, 2019 at 17:11
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We moved in very quickly. But we’re both attached at the hip so being next to each other all the time is the best part of living together.
  • Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We moved in together pretty early, but I think the best thing is just having someone to come home to after work everyday. It's really nice having someone there if it was a tough day, and also nice to have someone to share with if it was a great day.

Cooking was also easier - I personally find cooking for one difficult, so having someone to share food with is great.

• Lussierk00@outlook.com
    Curious January 2020 Manitoba
    Lussierk00@outlook.com ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are waiting for marriage to move in together for our own personal beliefs/morals. Its definitely difficult but I think it will make it that much more special when we get married. Once we are married, we have our entire lives to be living together, so what's the rush now? I can imagine living together before marriage doesn't really feel like anything different once you actually do get married. Like if you are already under the same roof and doing everything as a family already, what's the point of even getting married? That's just my opinion but certainly don't mean to judge anyone that thinks differently, I think everyone should do what feels right for them!
  • NATASHIA
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    NATASHIA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I stayed the night and just never left, that's how we moved in together. I think the best thing about living with my FH is having him there. For the past year and I have really been struggling mentally and knowing he is there when I get home is the best feeling. I look forward to going to bed/waking up because we usually cuddle in those times. It's where I feel safest and most content.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw that is so sweet! It's hard to be apart from our loved ones but it makes time together mean so much more Smiley smile
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My favourite thing is probably waking up next to him or the kisses goodnight. He is in the military and deployed for long periods of time. So when he is home the little things mean so much more.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's great that you guys waited to live together until you were married, it will make the first nights so exciting!! I love just leaning over and saying/kissing good night. I love that at the end of the work day we are going to home to each other. Cooking together is fun, there are so many firsts to come. Enjoy it!!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I loved not having to live out of an overnight bag anymore haha We used to mostly stay over at his place because his is bigger (mine was a tiny bachelor apartment)

Once we moved in together it was so nice to have all of our stuff in one spot.

Getting to see each other every day is also so nice...we work so well together that living with him is just so easy.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The best part is not having to spend nights apart! I picked up on his other habits by observing him when we lived apart as he lived on his own/with roomate(s).

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

FH and I have been living together for so long, it's really hard to remember the most positive thing when we first moved in together. I guess it would have to be spending more time together. We used to only see each other once or twice a week (our schedules were VERY different), so it was nice to come home to him every night.

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used to live in different cities. So not seeing each other often sucked. So definitely just being with him more.

Also my FH is a sweetheart, and does simple little stuff for me to make my life easier.

I was having a fight with the keurig machine one morning, and he knows I am not a morning person. So he took over and made my coffee, and every morning since he gets up earlier than he has to just to make my coffee for me.

Also.. especially now when I am super stressed. Just being able to come home after having a rough day and getting a nice, long hug.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The best thing for us was that we got to see each other on the daily! With his shift work and my student life, there were periods where we wouldn't see each other for almost a week so even if it's only for a few minutes, we see each other each day!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For sure in agreement to getting to see FH every morning and bedtime. I really enjoy getting to cook with him, we are both foodies and love to cook so getting to spend most evenings in the kitchen with him creating dinner is great!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh boy there are so many things.

We lived in 2 different cities ( only 20 mins apart) so not having to travel back and forth every time we wanted to see each other is so much easier! We also used to switch whos house we stayed at each weekend, so having to worry about packing a bag was annoying.

Being able to do whatever whenever. My parents were super chill, but there is nothing better than having the freedom to do what you want.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly the best part of living with my FH has been having him there to cuddle with all the time. Whenever I am sick or cold or just want to cuddle. It's fantastic! Living with him also means I only have to do dishes half the time Smiley tongue

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So many things! lol

1. No more driving 45 minutes across the city and then another 45 minutes back home

2. Waking up beside him every day and giving him a kiss goodbye and a kiss hello

3. Not having to do laundry or clean the toilet! haha, he does the toilets & washing and drying of clothes - I do the folding and the dishes!

4. We got pets!! A girl husky, Karma. A boy... cat..., Avocato

5. Don't have to worry about being loud, we can stay up as long as we want, have ice cream for breakfast if we wanted! (we were both living with our parents prior to moving in so we had a lot of their rules to follow)

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly the best for us was I got to see him all the time and it wasn't all the traveling to each others places. The best part is realized that he could cook lol because when we would travel we did a lot of takeout. My family was traditional and they don't believe in staying over unless married. So I would stay at his place which was very small as he lived with his sister.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics