Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Are you carrying a purse on your wedding day?

Lynnie, on January 15, 2018 at 14:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 19

Will you have a bridal purse for your wedding day, or are you skipping it? Are you carrying one for convenience or for the details pictures? Smiley tongue

If so - share a picture of what your purse will look like!

Are you carrying a purse on your wedding day? 1

Photo by Shawn Fulton Photography in Saskatchewan

Need help picking a purse? Check out our tips in How to Choose Your Wedding Handbag!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on June 10, 2021 at 18:24
  • Amanda
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m planning on leaving my wallet, phone and chapstick etc with my mom in her purse!
    If I need anything I’ll just get it from her.
    I also plan on stashing a small bag under my head table with alternative shoes, etc.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely am. This is what I have chosen

Are you carrying a purse on your wedding day? 2

Are you carrying a purse on your wedding day? 3

• Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the pic, but no.. i honestly dont know why i would need a purss on my wedding.
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If there's something I need to have I will just carry it or give to my fiance/husband to hold. I imagine whatever he wears will have pockets 😅. I really can't think of anything I would carry with me besides my phone..Maybe some change because there's an ice cream shop across the street from where we are having dinner and even with cake there is always room for ice cream 🙃
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't have one. I gave everything to my bridesmaids! They stashed a bag behind the backdrop in the reception all that had a change of shoes, which is where I later put my veil. They had my phone (I wanted a few pics to look at on our honeymoon so they used my phone to take some) and I left my wallet in my car (our getaway vehicle).

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was staying on site for my wedding so I left everything in our trailer and just walked to it if I needed anything.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress doesn’t have pockets, and I will be having a few things to carry. So I bought a clutch purse that is the same as my shoes.

Are you carrying a purse on your wedding day? 4

Are you carrying a purse on your wedding day? 5
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to put pockets in my dress so I don't have to worry about carrying a purse cause I just feel like I would forget my purse everywhere but some of them are really cute
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My dream dress was supposed to have pockets, but of course, when the right one comes along, pockets don't matter as much. It's nice to have a bridal party to help with everything I may need that day!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes. I bought one from 6pm.com. It's betsey johnson!

• Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a bridal suite that all the girls (myself included) had a bag in. For the pictures, we had golf carts to drive around in and my maid of honour had an emergency bag with us and it just stayed on the golf cart.

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will have a clutch but I won't be carrying it with me, it will stay at the reception venue so when we arrive after the ceremony and pictures it will be there. We will also have a bag with anything we could need there as well.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I want to get bridesmaids dresses with pockets! Also if I can get my dress with them too that would solve this for me lol
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skipping it. I have no idea what I would keep in it anyway...

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skipping it. My bridesmaids all have pockets in their dresses to hold anything I need, and I'm tucking things away near my seat (such as flip flops for dancing!). I think I'll be good!

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am super jealous! My venue is a barn so we don't have any rooms for me to even get ready in! They are coming considering a bridal suite but I don't think in time for my day..so over all I think you got super lucky!!
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Likely skipping it. My venue has a bridal suite hidden away steps from the dance floor so I will likely have a bag in there with anything I may need. I also have my own bathroom so will keep lipstick and any toiletries needed in there. Feeling pretty lucky on that one.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably skipping it, anything I'll probably just have my MOH hold on to anything I'd have on me.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I skipped it! I had a bag with necessities that stayed in the reception hall. I didn't want to fumble with it during the ceremony.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics