As a teenager, Amy Pedersen of Amy Pedersen Makeup & Hair developed a love for makeup. Her older sister would buy her products, which she thought was cool. Then, on one of her birthdays, someone bought her the Bobbi Brown Teenage Beauty book, which she read nonstop. Her founding understanding of makeup stems from Bobbi Brown's advice. Now, she wants to create a perfect wedding day look for you. Along with her talented team of artists, Amy will take care of you; all you need to do is enjoy your wedding day. Amy and her assistants are mobile, so while she is based out of White Rock, British Columbia, she is willing to travel and is available for events on the mainland, the islands, and further.
Amy offers many services for her brides, as well as makeup application and hairstyling for bridesmaids, brides' mothers, flower girls, and grooms. She also includes trials for brides, bridesmaids, and mothers of brides. Her Bridal Package includes the following:
- Day-of hairstyle and makeup application
- Light eyebrow grooming
- False eyelash application
- A travel kit for lip touch-ups
In addition, she also offers a D.I.Y Bride Package, which is great for destination brides or brides with a budget. In this package, you have a personal one-on-one lesson before the wedding to achieve your wedding look yourself. This typically takes three to four hours. The D.I.Y. Package includes the following:
- One-on-one makeup and hair lesson
- Bridal profile
- Face chart
- Notes to help you on your wedding day
- A list of makeup used by artist
How they work
In order to understand your vision for your wedding day, Amy believes it is important to meet with each other and get to know one another. You get to share what you like and ask questions at this meeting. Then, Amy will provide a preview, which will give you the opportunity to take photos of yourself of how you will look on your wedding day and see how long the makeup lasts. Typically, the preview for bridal makeup takes an hour, while bridal hair previews take about two hours. As a rule of thumb, it is always helpful to have copies of your inspiration photos, as well as images of your dress, bridesmaids' dresses, the flowers you'll be using, fabric swatches, and pictures of the venue.
Along with wedding services, she also provides packages for other events. Her hair and makeup skills can be booked for the following:
- Gentlemen's Package (male pampering with beard maintenance, nail care)
- Engagement Package (bride receives makeup application and simple hairstyling; groom receives light concealing, beard maintenance, nail care)
- Girls Night In (learn tips from a makeup pro with your ladies)
- Personal Shopper (learn what makeup works best for your face)
- Personal Kit Inspection (determine what makeup to throw and what to keep)
- Celebrity Bachelorette Party (get pampered before your bachelorette night; minimum of three people)
- Mommy and Me (treat your little girl to a lesson in makeup from a pro while also learning tricks and tips yourself during Mom and daughter bonding time)
- Film, Television, or Commercial
What beauty services do you offer?
What makeup services do you offer?
What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?
What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?
What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?
What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?
What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
Does makeup price include false lashes?
Which of the following are included in prices?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
She was SUPER helpful and made me feel very confident about doing it on the day of my wedding. I have a list of products that she sent along and I am excited about practicing until the big day. She was very attentive and listened to what I wanted, plus she is super nice!!!
Thank you Amy!!!!
Are you interested?