Popular in your area
On Weddingwire.ca since 2020
Last update: March 2023
Strathmere is a 200 acre historic estate just outside of Ottawa, renowned for hosting bespoke weddings for over 35 years. Our estate features three unique wedding venues: a 150 year old stone farmhouse, a 200 year old restored barn and a Garden House each featuring their own private properties and outdoor ceremony sites.
In addition, Strathmere has 30 overnight rooms onsite as well as a brand new Wellness Retreat and Spa for all guests to enjoy. Book a tour to explore the grounds and stop by the Cafe at the Retreat to indulge in Strathmere’s famous farm-to-table culinary experience.
FACILITIES & CAPACITY
- The Farmhouse: For the most intimate of weddings. Built for a beloved in the early 1860s, this fieldstone farmhouse boasts romantic detail. Enter down a sweeping circular staircase for your first look or enjoy a quiet moment together nestled in the upstairs alcove. With your closest friends and family, say “I do” canopied under majestic 160-year-old walnut trees. As the sun sets, sneak out past the veranda into the Heritage Garden surrounded by roses and wildflowers alike.
- Capacity: From 25 to 65 guests for dining, and up to 90 guests for a reception.
- The Lodge: For our grandest celebrations. As you twirl across smooth wood grain floors, don’t forget to look up! Your evening will be framed by 160-year old beams stretching across cathedral ceilings, and adorned by a series of six iron and crystal orb chandeliers. Memorable toasts in your honor will be made against a striking backdrop: a soaring limestone fireplace stretching 24 feet high. Yours is a breathtaking ceremony outside overlooking rolling fields. And at dusk, vintage lights will glow for your first dance Al Fresco.
- Capacity: From 50 to 200 guests for dinner, and up to 250 guests for the reception.
- The Garden House: Our most enchanting venue nestled between a grassy hillock and the Woods, The Garden House is hidden on its own 10-acre piece of the property. As you enter, sunbeams stream through wrap-around windows and dance off white gold chandeliers. A handcrafted limestone fireplace with adjacent french doors leads the path to a tranquil ceremony site overlooking the Woods and Orchard. After champagne toasts, let the evening breeze carry you across the outdoor dance floor under a starry and celestial sky.
- Capacity: From 50 to 175 guests for dinner, and up to 200 for the reception.
EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE
Unique service highlights:
- A dedicated and experienced wedding coordinator is included with every wedding
- Access to onsite hotel rooms for you and your guests
- A wellness retreat and spa onsite for you and your guests including: manicures, facials, campfires, restaurant, craft beer, hot tubs, yoga and hiking trails.
- Full set up and cleanup
- Banquet tables (round or rectangular)
- Wood crossback chairs
- White resin garden folding chairs (outdoor use)
- White/Ivory linen tablecloths and choice of colored napkins for the Wedding in Season and Lap length Ivory Linen and Ivory Napkins for The Wedding for Every Season
- Wedding cake table, cake knife and Card Box
- Gift & guest book tables
- Personalized printed menus for choice entrée menus
- Wooden table numbers
- Flatware, glassware, tableware
- Lanterns with LED Candles
- Bride’s waiting room with full-length mirror
- Coat room facilities
- Dance floor
- Podium and microphone
- Easels for displaying floor plans and welcome signs
- Outdoor ceremony site with vintage lighting
- Wood burning fireplaces (weather permitting)
- DJ Table
- Signing Table with outdoor ceremony
A CULINARY EXPERIENCE
With produce grown here on our 200-acre property, Strathmere offers exquisite seasonal menus year round that leave guests with full hearts and bellies. Our field to plate menus are renowned - we use as much as possible from our own fields, including home grown fruits, vegetables, and edible flowers. Our Executive Chef, in partnership with our Lead Grower, create dishes that are equal parts delicious and beautiful.
We work with a local butcher for all of our meat, a fishmonger for fish and seafood, a fromagerie for cheeses, and a local egg farmer. Ours is truly a culinary experience that will ignite all of your senses.
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
Describe the style of your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What catering services do you offer?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
What is the average catering price per person for plated service?
What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?
What is the average catering price per person for stations?
Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
What is the starting price per person for bar service?
Any other questions?Request pricing
114 reviewsWrite a review
70 User photos
Are you interested?Request pricing
Strathmere Real Weddings
An exclusive offer for WeddingWire couples only!
Book your wedding with Strathmere on ANY remaining 2023 dates for your wedding of 100+ and receive:
- 20% off facility fees; AND
- $10 off per person on our "Wedding in Season" package.
*While 2023 dates last. We operate on a first come first serve basis. Please reference "Wedding Wire 2023 Deal" when booking.
Would you like to visit?Request a visit
1980 Phelan Road W K0A 2T0 Ottawa (Ontario)