The Canadian Museum of Nature is an Ottawa-based venue that specializes in hosting wedding ceremonies and receptions and other special occasions on its historic museum grounds. The innate elegance of this castle-like venue is the ideal setting for a magical wedding. Its blend of historic charm and modern elegance creates a warm ambiance that will suit your event perfectly.
Facilities and capacity
Its facilities include 6 event spaces which can be decorated in a classic, modern or glamorous fashion. These include:
- Barrick Salon: This two-storey space has an incredible skylight and oak-panelled walls. It has a capacity for 220 guests for the ceremony and 160 guests for a banquet-style reception.
- East-Wing Foyer: This 237 square foot space has high ceilings, oak benches and a natural elegance. It has a capacity for 150 guests for the ceremony and 120 guests for a banquet-style reception.
- Fourth-floor Gallery: This space has a more industrial feel to it and comes complete with high ceilings and glass panels. It has a capacity for 180 guests for the ceremony and 200 guests for a banquet-style reception.
- PCL Plaza: This outdoor space overlooks the century-old castle and has a capacity for 140 guests for the ceremony and 250 guests for a stand-up reception. A tent can be included.
- Queens' Lantern: This is the venue's most dramatic space with a century-old mosaic floor and 65-foot glass tower. It has a capacity for 110 guests for the ceremony and you must inquire about the reception capacity.
- Rotunda: This first floor space which doubles as an exhibition gallery. It has a capacity for 150 guests for the ceremony and 80 guests for a banquet-style reception.
The services it offers include the following:
- Catering / Bar
- Clean up
- Event rentals
- Liability insurance
- Lighting / Sound
- Outside vendors
- Set up
It also offers services for:
- Birthday parties
- Travelling exhibition rentals
- Photo and film shoots
- Image and content licensing
- Services for families
- Scientific services
- Corporate events
Originally named the Victoria Memorial Museum Building, this castle-like building was designed by architect David Ewart and is considered Scottish Baronial in its design. This is the first building in Canada to house a national museum.
Classic, glamorous, modern
Catering / bar, event rentals, liability insurance, lighting / sound, outside vendors, set up
Reception Site Fee - Peak Season
Plated Service (per head)
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What catering services do you offer?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?
What is the average catering price per person for stations?
What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeurves?
Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
What is the starting price per person for bar service?
Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
6 reviewsWrite a review
Canadian Museum of Nature Real Weddings
7 Photos · 02/Oct/2021
240 McLeod St K2P 2R1 Ottawa (Ontario)