Sassafraz is a Toronto-based restaurant that specializes in hosting weddings and other special events in the center of historic Yorkville. It has the capacity to host both large and small wedding with its combination of private event spaces. It is quite affordable considering it's a downtown location with Victorian charm. Check out their reviews!
Facilities and capacity
This venue's facilities include the following:
- Bellair: This space can accommodate up to 36 seated guests and up to 80 for a cocktail-style reception.
- Cumberland: This larger space accommodates up to 82 seated guests and up to 80 standing up.
- Combined: Both rooms boast floor to ceiling frosted glass panels which add a romantic and elegant touch to the room. Together they have a capacity for up to 110 seated guests.
- Main Dining Room: This is the most perfect space for larger weddings with a capacity for up to 150 seated guests and up to 300 standing up.
The services offered include:
- Wedding reception
- Wedding coordination
- On site ceremonies (capacity for up to 140 guests)
- Single stem white orchids
- Votive candles
- Sound system (private event space only)
- 60” and 42” flat panel screens
It also offers services for:
- Corporate events
- Social gatherings
- Private events
It offers a food and drink bundle for weddings which include:
- 7 hour continual bar service
- Pre-dinner canapés
- Main dishes
What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
Describe the style of your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What catering services do you offer?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
What is the average catering price per person for plated service?
What is the average catering price per person for stations?
What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeurves?
Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
What is the starting price per person for bar service?
Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
32 User photos
Throughout the planning process,Dennette responded super quickly and was on top of everything! She helped to make our wedding planning super smooth! Every single one of my guests said that the food was divine and the service was superb! We couldn’t be happier with how everything went.
I highly recommend Sassafraz as the venue for the wedding ceremony and reception!
Amazing Food and Service
Excellent help with planning
1. It comes with table cloths, menus etc.
2. There is no room rental (for a goregous room) as long as you meet a reasonable room rental fee.
3. The food and drink is incredible. Guests complimented the food constantly.
4. There was a beautiful bridal suite. It let in lots of natural light and there was a wall of greenery. It made for goregous pictures.
5. Bridal suite plus two private rooms. There was a traditional ceremony set up . There was a separate space for cocktail hour/mingling. During the cocktail hour the staff efficently set up our wedding meal time.
6. Flexible bar choices (we chose to have wine and beer and soft drinks). Multiple menu choices for every course of the meal.
7. A lift for guests with mobility concerns.
It was the perfect wedding venue
It's a day we will forever look back on with wonderful memories, and we can't thank the Sassafraz team enough for helping us create those memories. Looking forward to coming back for our anniversary!
Easiest planning ever!
Better than we could have dreamed
Perfect, Intimate Wedding
I was never worried about anything and the Dennette was an absolute pleasure to work with. Very organized and answered all my questions and concerns, no detail was too small for her. The fact that I never was aware of small hiccups that happened and everything was taken care so seamlessly. I highly recommend this venue for a wedding!
Absolutely thrilled with Sassafraz as my venue
Special shout-out to Dennette, the event manager who was responsive and supportive throughout the whole process, and to Yen who was our wonderful server the day of
Are you interested?
Sassafraz Real Weddings
Would you like to visit?