Sassafraz is a Toronto-based restaurant that specializes in hosting weddings and other special events in the center of historic Yorkville. It has the capacity to host both large and small wedding with its combination of private event spaces. It is quite affordable considering it's a downtown location with Victorian charm. Check out their reviews!
Facilities and capacity
This venue's facilities include the following:
The services offered include:
It also offers services for:
It offers a food and drink bundle for weddings which include:
Couples have also viewed:
15 Reviews for Sassafraz
26 User photos
Katie B. · Married on 17/07/2021
Amazing Food and Service
The staff at Sassafraz were amazing!! They were extremely friendly and made sure everyone had fresh drinks at all times. The food was absolutely delicious! I can't recommend this venue enough!!Sent on 16/08/2021
Marius Z. · Married on 20/06/2020
Excellent help with planning
Dennette was exceptional in making me and Janice feel at ease, explain how the wedding is expected to proceed. She was very punctual in sending out contracts.Sent on 11/09/2019
Sassafraz's reply:Thank you so much for the kind words!
Christy E. · Married on 08/02/2020
This is such a hidden gem!
1. It comes with table cloths, menus etc.
2. There is no room rental (for a goregous room) as long as you meet a reasonable room rental fee.
3. The food and drink is incredible. Guests complimented the food constantly.
4. There was a beautiful bridal suite. It let in lots of natural light and there was a wall of greenery. It made for goregous pictures.
5. Bridal suite plus two private rooms. There was a traditional ceremony set up . There was a separate space for cocktail hour/mingling. During the cocktail hour the staff efficently set up our wedding meal time.
6. Flexible bar choices (we chose to have wine and beer and soft drinks). Multiple menu choices for every course of the meal.
7. A lift for guests with mobility concerns.Sent on 22/03/2020
Sassafraz's reply:Hi Christy,
Jacob Y. · Married on 28/12/2018
Better than we could have dreamed
Everything about Sassafraz was perfect. They were flexible as we planned our wedding from South Korea. They days leading up to the wedding were perfect. We had easy access to the rooms to set up the day before. The day of, Jeff was the most amazing host for us. Everything I could think of, he had already done. They plated our Cinnabons with extra personalized decor on the plates. Everything was perfect and the food was amazing!Sent on 25/02/2019
Jenisse · Married on 09/06/2018
Perfect, Intimate Wedding
I would like to start off by saying that we had THE most perfect wedding at Sassafraz. The level of service we received on our day was exceptional. The staff was kind, attentive, quick, patient and felt like they wanted to be there rather than having to be there. The food was the talk of our wedding, the quality of the meals was very high. The venue is beautiful on its own, and we felt it was spacious yet intimate.Sent on 16/07/2018
I was never worried about anything and the Dennette was an absolute pleasure to work with. Very organized and answered all my questions and concerns, no detail was too small for her. The fact that I never was aware of small hiccups that happened and everything was taken care so seamlessly. I highly recommend this venue for a wedding!
Sassafraz's reply:Thank you so much Jenisee,