12 User photos
maxime · Married on 29/09/2018
The organization of our wedding began on April 20, 2018 during our first meeting with the Conference and Banquet Service Manager. We were warmly welcomed by Mrs. Sandra Caruso to discuss visiting the site. Not only were we immediately charmed by the visual of the hotel, from the lobby to the Nordheimer room, but also by the professionalism of Sandra. I can’t find enough words to describe how nice and easy it was to work with her.
It's easier to say that from April to our big night, we've never been disappointed with the Intercontinental team. Mrs. Caruso was more than available to answer all our questions and many emails since day one. She is genuine, kind and shows impressive listening skills and empathy. At no time did we feel like being just another customer on Sandra's agenda. We always felt that she was happy to help us, talk to us and meet with us, just like a good friend.
I cannot ignore her efficiency and straight to the point attitude that led us to our day of dreams. No unnecessary delays or false promises. Everything was clear and as expected, without inaccuracies. Being a manager myself, I recognize the value that a person like Sandra brings to a professional team.
We received a treatment that I would qualify as royal, which helped us cope with the stress and last-minute surprises (not from the hotel I can assure you). The staff at the hotel was also very nice and made sure we had a nice stay. Our event of September 29, 2018 went off without a hitch, largely thanks to Sandra, but also Ernie, Johnny and all the staff assigned to our wedding (kitchen, bar, service, etc.).
It is without a doubt and reserve that we will recommend the Intercontinental to all those we meetSent on 01/10/2018
InterContinental Montreal's reply:Good morning,
Montreal Destination Wedding · Married on 08/09/2018
September Wedding - Intercontinental/Ruelle des Fortifications
Our wedding was A-MAZING! See below details:
- ceremony: fountain area at La Ruelle
- reception: La Ruelle
- coordinator: Sandra Caruso
We had a destination wedding in Montreal, so we made all our decisions by online research and emailing with the venue and Montreal vendors. We loved pictures of La Ruelle, and the Intercontinental website displays their wedding packages. The website planning tool connected us to Sandra: the best! All you need to know, is this space is stunning, the hotel has a good quality package/service, and the planning process was a breeze with Sandra & team; see more wedding details below:
- Intercontinental handles everything related to the venue: food/beverage service, basic planning, and basic day-of coordination for your wedding. They even glued one of our guest's shoe back together. She danced the night away.
- Planning/coordination: Sandra & team are very experienced, and very straight-forward. We didnt worry from start to finish. The booking took a few phone calls, tasting -1 visit, and the last couple of weeks/days were most crucial.
- Hotel rooms: our guests really enjoyed staying at the hotel, and received a promotional rate. Everyone bumped into eachother in the lobby.
- Food/Beverage: Food and tasting were good. We had a cocktail hour, 4-course meal with wines, coffee/tea, and late night sweet/savoury table in our package. The menu offers many options, and Sandra & team were very flexible with guest dietary restrictions. Many guests complimented the food quality.
- Bar was able to offer a couple of special drinks
- La Ruelle is beautiful and it's climate controlled! (for those interested... Ruelle is also VERY instagrammable) Outdoor feeling with indoor control. The space is giant, so DJ needs to consider acoustics.
- Extra spaces in the hotel if you need to hold additional events
- Bridal suite had lots of space
- Restrooms: For Ruelle, restrooms are part of a food court. Not the chicest, but very clean for our event. and the washrooms dont really matter if you like La Ruelle.
We have beautiful photos of our event, our guests good food and a great time, and the Intercontinental offers a full package so you can enjoy your stay, and your big day.Sent on 14/09/2018
InterContinental Montreal's reply:Hi Diahanna and Alex,
Sonia Castro · Married on 19/05/2018
Planning and coordination made our wedding reception the best it could be.Sent on 27/05/2018
The professionalism and great service of the hotel staff (hall, room, concierge) made it perfect. We only got positive feedback from the guests.
Thank you for helping to make our special day so memorable!
InterContinental Montreal's reply:Dear Sonia and Dominic,