Hockley Valley Resort is a four-season resort located in the beautiful Hockley Hills in Mono, Ontario. With spectacular views, it makes the perfect backdrop for your special day. Offering an escape to the peace and serenity, it is close to home, just 45 minutes from the GTA.
Facilities and Capacity
Hockley Valley Resort offers a wide variety of venues. Montclair Ballroom, comfortably hosting parties of up to 350 guests, features elegant chandeliers and high ceilings.This versatile venue can be laid out in different configurations, allowing couples to host their big day all in one place (or with a smaller space) for a simpler planning process. For a more intimate affair, the Aida Ballroom is a great choice with a capacity of up to 140 people. Its French doors invite ample natural light, and open out to a private patio that is ideal for an alfresco cocktail party. Restaurant 85 welcomes parties of 170 with ample room for dancing. Looking to say your vows outside? Enjoy fresh air and protection from the elements on the Montclair patio or the take in the picturesque scenery of the organic garden.
This all-inclusive resort offers couples everything they need to celebrate their big day and much more! Amenities like heading to the slopes or enjoying a round of golf, getting pampered at the spa or lounging by the pool make time before and after the wedding extra special. Added amenities like access to furniture rentals and audio equipment are also available.
The on-site catering offered by Hockley Valley Resort focuses on farm-to-table dining using ingredients from the estate’s own organic farm, with customizable menus to suit each party’s needs. Host your rehearsal party in cabin or your next-day brunch Restaurant 85's private dining room for the full Hockley Valley Resort culinary experience.
33 Reviews for Hockley Valley Resort
59 User photos
Kevin V. · Married on 04/09/2021
September 2021 Wedding
We could not have chosen a better venue for our Wedding. We loved the ceremony and reception space, it was a perfect size for us and a great outdoor and indoor space.
But the experience would not have been as great as it was, if it wasn't for the staff. Tamara was the first one we dealt with that helped us with arranging everything up until the date of our wedding. She and the rest of the team were so helpful and accommodating, especially with the changes due to the pandemic. They were with us every step of the way and answered the hundreds of questions that we had.
Kendra was our day of coordinator and she helped make sure that everything that we needed and the last of our questions were taken care of.
The catering team and on site team for the day of the wedding were fantastic. We have nothing bad to say about the food, and the catering team gave us a pleasant and amazing experience.
Thank you Hockley Valley for making our Wedding day perfect.
- Nicole and KevinSent on 14/09/2021
Megan S. · Married on 12/06/2021
They were extremely accommodating during covid timesSent on 14/06/2021
Livia J. · Married on 16/10/2020
Great wedding with some tips for future brides/grooms
Overall, we had a great day at Hockley Valley. The venue is gorgeous and good value for the price. Hockley was very flexible during COVID-19 for our wedding during COVID on October 16, 2020. Kendra and the banquet hall staff were excellent to work with and they tried to be accommodating throughout. The Aida Ballroom is lovely and Montclair Patio is gorgeous. The grounds are gorgeous during the autumn for a wedding. My main complaints are with the hotel. A few tips:
1) Make sure you have adequate help for decor set up and take down, as Hockley generally only provides 1 hour prior to the ceremony for set up. We got a bit extra time due to COVID-19 (there was a bit more availability on our Friday day), but we had a lot of custom intricate decor with the arch, lanterns with florals, candles, etc. and hired a professional decorator and florist team to assist. We wouldn't have been able to do it otherwise in 1 hour or less. Our bridal party was busy getting ready and I wouldn't leave it to acquaintances to assist with, especially if it's during COVID-19. Hire professionals even just for setup because you will need it! I saw a few people mentioned that they were grateful for the help. Hockley will help with setting up chairs, tables for the reception but any custom decor we trusted to our team to ensure it was properly done as they don't have the time to do anything much more.
2) We were given the wrong room. We specifically wanted the bridal suite for our wedding (then again, who doesn't) but I think because of the date change due to COVID-19, we were given a corporate suite instead. My husband, the groom, was given a room that was quite crappy -- the shower didn't work, the coffee maker didn't work, so he had to switch rooms the day of the wedding!! We didn't get much more than an apology well after the wedding day, although that is something. But seeing other reviews saying they got a welcome basket and complimentary wine, etc. - we didn't even get a glass of water or wine in our fridge, it was completely bare -- do NOT expect them to go above and beyond in any way with the hotel, especially during COVID-19.
3) This relates to the above. If you want any leniency during check in or check out, don't expect it. The day after our wedding day, some family came by our bridal suite to chat and drop off gifts (we couldn't do the typical breakfast get-together due to COVID-19) and when I asked for an extra 30 minutes check out as we had a TON of stuff to remove such as my wedding dress, gifts, etc., the hotel staff were very rude in saying I had 20 minutes max and that was it. This made no sense as due to COVID-19, I was advised (and told all my guests in writing a week before the wedding) that their rooms would be left empty before and after for 24-48 hours. However, this was clearly NOT true as they said I had to be out within 20 minutes max, as they would be brining in new guests soon after! Obviously after cleaning but this didn't provide a ton of comfort to know the information we were all provided wasn't true. My family had to scramble to get me a Dollie (they offered zero assistance here), to get out ASAP. After spending a ton of money on my wedding here, I definitely didn't feel any extra effort or attention. I wasn't even asked upon check out if I enjoyed my stay, basically just viewed as a complete number. It's obvious that Hockley prefers their business/golf clientele unfortunately, so if you are looking for any above & beyond experience on your wedding day, I'd recommend nearby hotels or spas for that. I certainly didn't feel that way.
3) Don't order anything from the restaurant the day of your wedding. The groomsmen, my husband and some guests went down to Restaurant 85 for lunch the day of the wedding and were left wondering if something was wrong with the Kitchen, they took over an hour to get a simple sandwich or burger and my husband ended up having to take his burger to go because he was walking down the aisle within 30 minutes at that point. I luckily just got a fruit/cheese platter and took it upstairs to my suite so the girls were fine, but I wouldn't depend on restaurant service the day of your wedding if you are pressed for time. They will not show any courtesy to you the day of your wedding to ensure that your meal comes quickly, etc.
Overall, Aida and Montclair was lovely and I don't have any regrets about that. The actual hotel booking, in retrospect, wasn't the best but I'd recommend you CALL and ensure the bridal suite is actually what you are getting along with a good suite for the groomsmen as well. :)Sent on 27/12/2020
Emily · Married on 03/10/2020
Made the best out of our Covid-19 wedding!
We were super happy with how our Oct 3, 2020 wedding at Hockley Valley turned out! It was the only venue we toured and loved that we could do everything in one spot (rehearsal, hotel, getting ready, ceremony, reception, pictures etc.). We originally had 250+ people on our guest list and we were pleased that Hockley could accommodate everyone, including having the hotel for those who wanted to stay.
Unfortunately Covid-19 did result in some big changes for us. Last minute, we cancelled at Hockley and started planning a back yard wedding hoping we could accommodate more guests with the restrictions at the time, however the restrictions changed yet again only a few weeks before, and we were so relieved when Hockley still had our date available and helped us replan our wedding there in only a short few weeks. They were very understanding and accommodating. Kendra helped us organize everything and she was very attentive.
We ended up with 50 guests, which was still a great time. We did our rehearsal on the Montclair Patio the night before and had a rehearsal dinner at Babbo. We couldn’t make reservations but it all worked out, we spaced out a different tables and dinner was great. The bridal suite was no longer available to us due to our last minute reschedule, but the suite we got was nice with lots of room for the girls to get ready in on the day of. The spa was closed so we couldn’t get ready there as originally planned. We pre-ordered room service for the day of (put our orders in the week prior) and Kendra delivered breakfast to our rooms as scheduled. We also had a complimentary bottle of wine with a hand written note from Kendra in our room. Our ceremony was on the Montclair Patio which is beautiful. We had a videographer do a live stream so the rest of our guests could watch from home. It was a cool fall day, but we captured many great pictures outside with the fall colours and beautiful backdrops that Hockley offers. Our reception was in part of the Montclair Ballroom which was also nice. We kept our decor very simple and made it more about the experience. We couldn’t have our DJ and dance, but we did speeches and did the bride/groom shoe game. We brought a speaker and made our own playlist for background music.
The staff were all very attentive and made it a memorable experience for us. Kendra was listening carefully during our planning when my husband mentioned that he is not a big dessert guy and prefers more bread after dinner (he was joking but not lying) - the servers at our reception brought dessert to everyone, but brought my husband another big basket of fresh bread & balsamic for dipping. The same server/manager that was at our reception was also serving at breakfast in the morning at Restaurant 85 and brought us a complimentary fruit tray with “congratulations” written in chocolate syrup.
Overall, while it wasn’t the day we originally planned, we were so glad we went through with it. We weren’t sure what to expect, but we decided to make the best out of a changed situation, and were super pleased! Thank you Hockey.Sent on 24/05/2021
Hockley Valley Resort's reply:Congratulations and thank you so much for the review - we were thrilled to help make your special day amazing!
Stephanie · Married on 29/02/2020
Hockley Valley was the first and only venue my husband and I looked at when planning our wedding. We fell in love with it right away. We had a lot of out of town people coming in, so to make it easier we wanted our entire day at one location. Hockley made our dream happen.
We worked with Kendra throughout our wedding planning process and she was great! Hockley was very flexible in terms of menu, room accommodations, etc. Their food is AMAZING! We still get compliments on how great the food was!!
We had our Rehearsal dinner at the Adamo Winery the night before. It was an Italian family style dinner in their cellar room. It was absolutely delicious. Hockley provided a shuttle service to take us to and from so we did not have to worry about drivers. Our ceremony and reception the next day took place inside the Aida Ballroom. It was incredible! The staff were amazing and so attentive. The room and lounge area were perfect to have people space out throughout the evening.
Wr had also booked the Executive Loft for the girls to space out and get ready in. The spa hair and makeup services there were fantastic. Sasha and Suzette were an amazing team and made all of us ladies look absolutely beautiful!
Hockley even accommodated my husband and I when we came back two days after our wedding for our “Trash we the dress, ski photo shoot”. They truly go above and beyond for their customers.
Thank you Kendra & Hockley Valley for making our special day absolutely perfect!!! ❤️
Steph & NeilSent on 29/03/2020
Hockley Valley Resort awards
Hockley Valley Resort Real Weddings
Promotions from Hockley Valley Resort
Enjoy a unique wedding experience and leav ethe details to the wedding experts! Choose from our available dates for a spontaneous, budget-frendly, easily elegant special day. Visit hockley.com for details.