Eldorado Resort - Hotel Eldorado and Manteo, is a luxurious wedding venue located in Kelowna, British Columbia. Set along the beautiful Lake Okanagan, it benefits from a charming setting that forms an ideal big-day backdrop. From the elegance of the outdoors to the sophistication of the interiors, this refined and contemporary place is colourful, relaxing, and convenient.
Facilities and Capacity
Thanks to the sheer size of this property, there is more than enough room for hosting a myriad of events. You can enjoy your engagement party, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and more at this multifaceted venue. Whether you are planning a celebration with just 20 people or a lavish festivity with up to 180 people, Eldorado Resort can accommodate either one. For the ceremony, the Sun Roof and Waterfront Patio offer an area where the happy couple can join together with their nearest and dearest. From here, generous views are afforded as the happy pair are joined in matrimony. Framed behind them, views of the water provide a magically romantic ambience. After the newlyweds have been pronounced by their chosen officiant, they can make their way to enjoy photo opportunities around the lakefront grounds. The marina, in particular, provides somewhere splendid for those Instagrammable moments.
For the grand reception, the wedding party may take their places inside the Great Room or the Waterfront Ballroom as they await the entrance of the couple. Chairs, tables and white linens are included to offer comfortable places for everyone to sit as they enjoy culinary delights.
Updates; Manteo at Eldorado Resort will be undergoing a cosmetic renovation, adding new carpet, wallpaper, and paint in February & March 2021.
Conveniently, clients can make use of an event-planning service so that their dream wedding is brought to life appropriately. With outside vendors welcome, the site can be personalized accordingly. In particular, photographers will be able to preserve numerous magical memories at many beautiful spots across the resort.
Accommodation is also available, meaning that invitees can stay the night after a long day of partying at a fabulous rate provided just for your guests.
Catering services available include hors d’oeuvres, plated meals, buffets, outside cake, and more. Bartenders are also on hand to serve beer, wine, and champagne, among other beverages.
Originally founded in 1926 as The Eldorado Arms Hotel, Countess Bubna brought the establishment to life. A social gathering hotspot for generations, it has changed hands several times over the years, but it has always retained its allure. Today, it plays host to weddings and other special occasions—and it could be the perfect stage for your “I do” event.
Manteo offers a modern flare to your big day. With fabulous lakeviews for both the ceremony and reception, it remains a timeless venue.
In 2014, Hotel Eldorado and Manteo joined hands, and in 2019 officially became Eldorado Resort while maintaining the history and styling of each hotel.
We know this can be a challening time to plan your wedding. We have remained flexible in planning for past and upcoming weddings, and we are here to make this as simple as possible for you. We understand all weddings are different, and we are here to answer your questions and give insight on the current restrictions. We will continue to follow all restrictions and PHO orders set in place by the Government of British Columbia.
We look forward to welcoming you and your guests to Eldorado Resort!
13 Reviews for Eldorado Resort
9 User photos
Cassandra H. · Married on 20/09/2014
Always one of our favourite venues!!
We absolutely LOVE everything about Eldorado Resort! The food is amazing, the boat rentals are so much fun, the rooms are stunning and the atmosphere is so unique, warm and inviting. As wedding photographers, it is one of our favourite weddings venues to refer our clients to as a wedding venue. Erika is incredible as the wedding coordinator; you can tell that she loves her job and the venue, has a perfect eye for details, responds to clients promptly, which is hard to find in the wedding industry these days. The resort itself is beautiful, to say the least. The ceremony and receptions areas, inside and outside of the building and, of course, the view. Whether you are a couple looking for their perfect wedding venue with everything in one place including accommodation for your guests and the most stunning getting ready rooms, looking for one of a kind accommodation for a holiday of stay-cation, a restaurant with incredible food and service, or even boat rentals for fun on the Okanagan Lake, look no further than Eldorado Resort!!Sent on 16/01/2021
Shelby P. · Married on 05/09/2020
Exceptional Staff. Gorgeous venue. Everything detail taken care of. Seamless event. What amazing staff, what an amazing venue. We cannot say enough about how the staff at the Eldorado Hotel handled our wedding having to be rescheduled. We had planned our wedding for a year and a half and then Covid hit. In our initial conversation with Erika, the Conference Services Manager, we were told that they would do anything to accommodate our wishes...plan a smaller wedding, reschedule our date... and oh man did they deliver! We moved forward with a smaller event, but the staff made our wedding feel like the most amazing wedding ever. Erika was with us every step of the way, guiding and supporting us, answering all of our concerns, big or small. On the day of our wedding everything came together without a hitch, the food was incredible, the venue set up was stunning and the staff again was the most amazing part. Thank you also to the General Manager who made this day one that will forever be in our hearts. We could not have asked for more.Sent on 28/11/2020
Stefanie H. · Married on 15/08/2020
With a beautiful venue, great location, and amazing food, the Eldorado was our first choice when looking for a wedding venue. It really is a dream venue and after a tour we knew we had to book it. We are so grateful for all that Erika did for us through the planning process. She was always available to answer all of our questions, updated us with any changes due to the pandemic, and met with us to go over all the little details, which made the day run so smoothly. The venue was set up perfectly, the food was amazing with great options for our vegetarian guests, and the staff were incredibly helpful. We highly recommend the Eldorado!Sent on 15/02/2021
Kash · Married on 27/09/2019
Beautiful Venue, Subpar experience
My husband and I got married here in September 2019. Our issues started shortly after the Eldorado’s long time wedding coordinator left her position. Over the months leading up to the wedding we were assigned 3 different coordinators (who subsequently would quit shortly after taking their position). Communication was slow and unorganized with the hotel as they were going through many staffing and booking system changes.Sent on 18/04/2021
When we checked-in the night before the wedding, check-in was also chaotic and our guests later reported rooms were not ready for them on time. No one offered to help us with our luggage. We booked two rooms for that weekend- a suite and heritage room. The heritage room was comically small (I should note many of the same room types vary in size) and my husband and groomsmen ended up taking their getting ready photos on the room’s balcony as it was more spacious - not the end of the world but something to be aware of.
The food at the reception was very good and banquet staff were very friendly and professional no complaints there. Really what was most disappointing was the bar staff. We had a number of issues throughout the night:
1. Underage guests were served liquor (not borderline 19 year olds but one as young as 13). This guest was visibly underage, no question. Now considering the bar team was so adamant and very rude at times with regard to the no doubles, shots, always need a mixer rule (even towards the brides father and uncle and various family members when they asked for a scotch on the rocks which is a completely reasonable and legal drink request) we found this very alarming and in no way condone the serving of alcohol to minors. Now while we did agree to the no doubles and shots rule for the open bar for guests to keep things under control, we understand there was confusion for guests when the bar team would serve these types of drinks to certain guests (generally young and nice looking females) and then deny others. Again not our main concern but why bother enforcing this policy when you are willing to break the law.
2. Unbeknownst to the bartenders, about 45 of our guests are current and former hospitality managers, bartenders, and servers who are well informed with Liquor laws and standard service procedures, the bride included. There were countless complaints of the bartenders short pouring drinks very obviously (0.5 oz to 0.75 oz) and when guests noticed and asked to be poured a full drink it was met with snide and rude remarks such as ‘if you want a full drink I guess you better be nice to your bartender’. The bartenders had also been asking guests to tip on top of the 18% gratuity we had already paid as we have confirmed this with our guests. And last time I checked tipping staff extra was not a requirement to get a 1oz drink as advertised and paid for. It’s no question that we were stolen from as we were charged for more alcohol than was actually consumed (commonly known as ‘short-pouring’ this is a method a bar can use to increase profits by pouring under 1oz, and is a huge legal violation if caught). For the bartenders to be short pouring on a mass scale purposely is theft, plain and simple. The tracking system of the underage bar back marking down each drink is frankly inaccurate and the hotel does not have a legal and accurate way to count liquor inventory used as we found out after.
3. Overall service was extremely slow which we understand can happen during weddings but when people are paying tens of thousands of dollars for their wedding more than one bartender making drinks at a time is necessary. We understand the liability in overserving and the need to potentially slow down service however with no one driving, no one causing issues, and people generally just enjoying themselves it seems a bit excessive. We gave our coordinator full permission to cut off guests if needed as she mentioned the staff had noticed a couple people who might have been over served early in the night. Unfortunately these ‘mystery’ guests were unable to be identified by members of the Eldorado staff when asked and the night went on with no issues.
4. Members of the Groom’s family were charged for tap water. Not the bottled water as advertised but straight from the gun. Other guests were rudely told they must chug a glass of water in front of the bartender in order to get another drink (again, these guests were coherent and offended/embarrassed in front of other guests by the condescending remarks).
5. Lastly, the overall attitude from the bar staff was atrocious, entitled, and quite frankly disgusting. This was the most important day of our lives, our guests all travelled to Kelowna from elsewhere to celebrate with us. We had heard complaints from the majority of our guests - young, old, family, friends, drinkers, non-drinkers, pretty much everyone was offended and upset by the bartenders at some point during the evening. They were rude to everyone they served, including the groom (who they must not have realized was the groom).
Now, we did attempt to address this with the hotel and general manager, Brent, who was very condescending and dismissive of any concerns. He denied any wrong-doing of the bar staff that night and suggested that our guests were actually lying and/or causing issues which simply did not happen and was an attempt to deflect from the illegal actions of the staff. In the end, the hotel had agreed to reimburse us a good portion of the bar bill. However, we never received the refund.
It’s unfortunate that a couple of young staff members actions impacted our wedding night so negatively. While the planning process was slightly rocky, it wasn’t the end all be all for us as we loved the Eldorado and understand things don’t always go smoothly. We had no issues with any other vendors at any point during the planning or wedding, including our ceremony venue (Gallagher’s Canyon Golf Club) which I cannot recommend enough! I still love the Eldorado hotel’s history and think it’s beautiful, however I don’t think we will return at any point in the future as there are far better venues and hotels in the Kelowna area.
Catherine R. · Married on 27/06/2020
Amazing small wedding at the Manteo
Everything at the Manteo was fabulous and I cannot recommend it enough. The team was responsive, flexible, and accommodating, the venue itself is incredible with beautiful scenery, and the food was amazing.Sent on 30/08/2020
Eldorado Resort awards
Eldorado Resort Real Weddings
Team of Eldorado Resort
Conference Services Manager
Thank you for considering Eldorado Resort! I've lived in Kelowna for over 7 years, and have been coordinating weddings in the Okanagan for 5 years. Each wedding is different and unique and I look forward to helping guide you to make your big day, your dream wedding! There are so many fabulous vendors in the Okanagan, you're sure to have a great team at your side.
The Okanagan is truly a spectacular place to be. We're so fortunate to have fabulous weather, and even better views!
I am happy to help with your questions about the resort, wedding planning or about the local area!
Businesses who collaborate with Eldorado Resort