Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Karina
Curious October 2019 Ontario

Whats everyone doing to ensure flawless skin on your day?

Karina, on September 6, 2017 at 13:26 Posted in Beauty 0 29

I think a few months prior to my wedding Ill start getting facials and do one every month up til the day. I've heard once a month facials are great upkeep for your skin.

Whats everyone else doing?

29 Comments

Latest activity by Ranaaaaaa, on September 18, 2017 at 13:05
  • R
    Curious December 2017 Ontario
    Ranaaaaaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I LOVE hydrafacials, my skin feels so clean and hydrated afterwards.

Depends on where you go, i would say between 120-150.

• Karina
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been considering a hydrafacial! I've never had one but heard good things. What do they cost roughly?

• R
    Curious December 2017 Ontario
    Ranaaaaaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey,

Drinking lots of water- i have cut out any pop

I have booked facials, once a month until the wedding day (3 months). I prefer the hydrafacial or oxygenfacial but it depends on your skin type.

I also use a an SPF 40 moisturizer in the morning and a night serum and moisturizer at night also with cleansing and toning every night, a at home mask once a week and exfoliater 2x a week

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Drinking lots of water, watching my sugar intake, trying to keep stress levels down, staying away from bad foods, regular facials, etc.

• Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I cut out dairy in general too (tummy troubles) and noticed a few weeks later that I had NO black circles at all! I'm working on the water thing, 2l per day minimum and have to set reminders to drink, because clearly my survival skills are dulled Smiley smile

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2-3 liters of water a day starting as soon as possible. Healthy eating; lots of fruits, veggies, lean protein, healthy fats (almonds, avocado, fish oils, ...). Regular exercise and a decent, and ideally consistent, sleep schedule.
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your so welcome! Starting them with more than enough time gives the skin time to adjust to any changes so they can be corrected and maintained for your big day Smiley smile
  • Karina
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lynsey knows her stuff if you look at her commentSmiley smile But I have been using the Neostrata skin care line. I use a face cleanser every night before bed followed by their aqua youth moisturizer, and an exfoliating treatment 2 or 3 times a week. I stopped using foundation as I found it made my skin worse and instead use a light CC cream with SPF in it (Also Neostrata). My skin has really improved, now I just get an occasional spot here and there.

• Karina
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was going to ask if you were a pro because you know so much! I started a skin care routine earlier this year and that in itself made a big difference for me. I use the Neostrata line of skin care and I LOVE it.

I was actually wondering how soon to start getting facials, now I know!

Thank you!!

• K
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What are good face care products? I use pro-active... apparently super bad for you.. but what else will work and make my skin nice? I'm in the same boat as some of you ladies. Facials and skincare hopefully work...and counter act all the stress

• Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maintaining a healthy diet 3-6 months before the wedding. Making sudden changes too soon can change your skin to fluctuate. Also getting monthly facials 3-6 months prior to the wedding., setting up a good skincare routine is paramount. What happens in the treatment room is great, but you NEED to maintain for best results. That way anything inside the pores that need to purge have plenty of time to calm down. I'm an esthetician that has worked in the industry over 5 years. If you need recommendations on anything let me know Smiley smile
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maintaining a healthy diet 3-6 months before the wedding. Making sudden changes too soon can change your skin to fluctuate. Also getting monthly facials 3-6 months prior to the wedding., setting up a good skincare routine is paramount. What happens in the treatment room is great, but you NEED to maintain for best results. That way anything inside the pores that need to purge have plenty of time to calm down. I'm an esthetician that has worked in the industry over 5 years. If you need recommendations on anything let me know Smiley smile
  • Karina
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley laugh Ill definitely be doing a little bit of that as well!

• Karina
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my gosh! Sometimes stress can ruin your skin and planning a wedding is definitely stressful! Glad you found something that workedSmiley shame

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg I've been freaking out so bad about my skin! I've always had decent non issue skin that is until about 4 months ago, it has been constantly dry and peeling, God I hate getting old! I was planning on going to have a chemical peel done, because nothing was helping, I went to my friends aloette party to help her out so she would have more people there. The lady had this natural enzyme product and all that dead dry skin that I couldn't get rid of was gone! It had gotten so bad thatincouldnt even wear a foundation at all because it made my skin look worse. After the enzyme thing, I used hee product visible aid, and then a nutrion spray. My skin seriously looks and feels good again. So Happy! In had been so stressed and now no chemical peel!! Yeah me!!
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only thing that's ever worked for me well is Mary Kay. I'll be bumping up my facial masks to 3X per week. I think I'll get some tea tree oil since some of the ladies recommended it for spots. More water is also good for the skin.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm cutting out sugar and eating lots of vegetables!
  • Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Praying to the skin gods Smiley laugh

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honey and sugar is the answer for me. I've tried lots of things and nothing is as good as honey and sugar on my skin. If you need to treat spots, tea tree oil works wonders too
  • Amanda
    Frequent user September 2017 Quebec
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks..im hoping for the best and well he has seen me at my worst and still loves and wants to marry me...so im sure it will be fine! Good luck to you as well 😊
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My #1 advice is never listen to the Sephora people. I find they're good for lots of things, like giving out tiny samples, or finding the last bottle of polish I want. But they're always hyping trendy skin care that NEVER works for me.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just drink lots of water and avoid a lot of sodium and dairy and sugar. Use a gentle cleanser and exfoliate. I also use pure tea tree oil on any spots I get and they're gone within a day or two.
    As Andrea said, I too have extremely sensitive skin so I am going to avoid using new products or facials because if there's an ingredient in there I'm allergic to, my face swells up horribly and gets splotchy and dry!
  • Karina
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not even sure I can really afford them. Its more of me hoping its doable. I've heard that even one facial can really help your skin, good luck!Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2017 Quebec
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If I was able to afford doing facials twice a month before the wedding I would have..but I have rosecea and it sucks...not much can be done about it. Sadly my dermatologist apt came at the last min. Im going to see her the week before my wedding and going to get a facial this Sunday. Hope it will at least help a bit.
  • Karina
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's probably true. I already have problem skin so I'm looking into ways to possibly improve it

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am just keeping up my regular skin care routine of face wash and moisturizer.

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a couple masks I really like, and I'll be doing those on a regular basis. I am pretty happy with my skincare routine already so I feel like a change is asking for trouble.

• Karina
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! Water! Hadn't thought of that, but now will be more conscious of it

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My skin is so sensitive to products that I've just maintained my routine rather than going to a spa. I do twice weekly masks from the body shop.
    Biggest tip: drink lots and lots of water. I always have water with me. Hydrated skin is happy skin!
    I also quit drinking cow's milk (switched to almond milk) for health reasons but found that my skin has been much happier since the switch.

I also make sure my pillowcase is switched out frequently and I always sleep with my hair in a ponytail - hair products can wreak havoc on your skin!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics