Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What has been the most surprisingly stressful part of planning?

Lynnie, on June 18, 2018 at 10:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 32

We can all admit that wedding planning isn't always the most magical experience! Smiley winking In fact, it can be really stressful. You may have started the planning process knowing that balancing your budget or trimming down the guest list would be tough - but which stressful part of planning caught you by surprise?

What has been the most surprisingly stressful part of planning for you so far?

What has been the most surprisingly stressful part of planning? 1

Next Question: What has been the most surprisingly fun part of planning?

To start from the beginning, click here: Wedding Planning Surprises

32 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 18, 2018 at 01:10
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The guest list was definitely the most stressful, we are not inviting everyone to the dinner and figuring out who made the cut was extremely difficult.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Money and family drama!!

• Brenda
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Money and communication between families Smiley atonished

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think must stressful is worrying about how the day would flow and making sure i didn't forget anyone, i just wanted everyone to have a good time, but i realized that i just needed to make me happy.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think money will always take the cake in this subject. We were really worried about going over budget but actually ended up getting money back from our venue because we over paid!

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Money for sure!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Family questioning of getting married and to have one event which there wasn't a bride at all. Overall, the results were nontheless positive and taken well as my parents offerrd to pay my outfit and centerpeices rentals along with the money box.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Colour was a big one for me too!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Family lol they all have their input and I knew the would be I didn't realize how much it would stress me out!
  • K
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha Gahhh, I know! Just nuts. Supreme brain meltage haha
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I keep telling myself that "after blah blah is booked I'll feel better" but then there's always something more! I think the wedding will be on the brain until it's over tbh lol.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% money. We’re struggling so bad, we’re just super appreciative of the help we’re getting from both sets of parents!!!
  • Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg the seating chart - it's like we just have odd number of friends groups and it is driving me insane - specially because I have a limited number of allowed guests and tables and guests per tables.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YESSSS!!!!!

picking my bridesmaids was so hard due to wanting 2 family members. and then my FH wanting an even number.

and now i'm on the dress factor. well not so much actual dress. but color. so dang torn!

• K
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally understand! 🙃 It’s honestly surprising how much it has, Ughh. I know a lot of it is due to stressing over the budget & how insanely expensive things can cost! Once a couple more big things get sorted out, I know that’ll take a HUGE weight off... We just keep trying to focus on us & sharing the day with those that matter the most. And taking deep breaths haha
  • A
    Newbie June 2020 Manitoba
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Choosing the MOH... my best friend is in a space in life where planning and organizing is probably going to be overwhelming for her but if I choose any of my other bridal party members there's no way she won't be hurt. I don't want her to crap out on me as my maid of honour but I don't want to hurt her feelings either. Very stressful.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say the budget and guest list!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding planning has seeped into my brain and taken over! Even when I don't want to think about it, I am.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Second guessing budgeting choices? Maybe...

The actual paying of deposits is stressful... it's not even my money, but it is always overwhelming...

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The most surprisingly stressful part of planning has been just how much work planning a wedding actually is! I’ve had a checklist and I’ve had my Pinterest board and this list and that list and whatnot for years! And all of that did absolutely nothing when it actually came down to planning the wedding. Haha.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The guest list and the fact that people really make your wedding about them!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unwanted input from family members to complete strangers. Just trying to manage people's opinion/expectations is stressful and I wasn't ready for that at all.

• Lizmridha
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Lizmridha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Family for sure. My parents inviting people I don't want at the wedding because they are "family". People I have not met ever in my life mind you. My future in-laws not involved or interested at all. It breaks my FH's heart considering how hands on they were in his brothers wedding.

Budget being the second. I have spread sheet of spending so far and it just breaks my heart Smiley sad

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Family and their unwanted input. I love them and it means the world that they are al genuinely excited and happy for us and the wedding but they just don’t seem to get it that we are the ones getting married so we’re making decisions that reflect us and their visions are not our vision.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think for me it was actually picking bridesmaids and bridesmaids dresses lol

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Family.

My Future Mother in law has disliked every decision we've made so far, and I don't think she realizes the impact she's had on us. Hearing some of the unwarranted things she's said to my FH has broken my heart for him, and definitely caused a rift between her and us and she doesn't even see it.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm in the same boat, my wedding is in London, but I live in Thunder Bay. Because of this, my mom wants to take the planning reins since it would be easier for me, but I'm also very controlling of the wedding. It stresses me out!!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Champagne dreams.
    Beer bottle pocketbook.

That will always be the biggest stressful but that’s just life as an adult these days.

More specific to wedding planning though - keeping a low guestlist. This weekend my FH and I did an exercise of cutting the list (1st round vs 2nd round, obligatory invite vs pray they decline)...that was tough bc I have a big family and I know there will be hurt feelings. It’s unavoidable. We’ve learned that invites avoid hurt feelings and we pray and cross our fingers that particularly invited guests decline. 🤞🏾 🤞🏾🤞🏾

Everything else has been fun...even the “omg, pick a palette already” convos with my FH.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Planning from far away and having no stores to go shop at (I live in the far North). I purchased most of the things online and got them shipped to my in-laws or parents and I had 4 weeks of actually in town planning.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Trying to please everyone. I found that by far the most stressful.
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Other than the money- family drama. That has been the most stressful part of wedding planning which is sad. You would think family would step up to the plate but they don't and they even have made things worse than normal...

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

MONEY! This will probably be a big one for everyone Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics