Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Curious October 2021 Ontario

Wedding planning jitters

Alicia, on January 14, 2019 at 18:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
Feeling discouraged about wedding planning as there is so much to do with planning an entire wedding. Stressing about money, and having a ceremony. Anyone else out there having anxiety and wedding planning jitters?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Alycia, on February 14, 2019 at 21:11
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I’m happy to help, I’m learning too! I think thats the best way to help each other though, we can get it together as we go!!

CONGRATS on your engagement by the way!!

• A
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much I really appreciate that! I will most definitely have some more questions for youSmiley smile
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a bit of a panic attack at the start of all this. But I’m a huge fan or planning and organizing so I took this opportunity to play with those skills. It’s important to start off on the right foot!

I decided to go to a wedding show to start and investigate my options and see what I really want to see out of my wedding, I wasn’t one of those girls planning my wedding growing up. I never gave it much thought

Budget it a big one, sit down and discuss how much you two realistically want to spend and work your way backwards from there. I still stress about the money, so I don’t know if I can totally help you with that!

If you’re stressing about the ceremony keep in mind you can always elope or go to city hall to do the ligistics of it, and just host a reception for your family and friends to celebrate.

I definitely don’t have the jitters anymore, I think I’m obsessed though lol! Different problem!! I am always looking to help, so please let me know if you have more questions or just to be a sounding board!

• A
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe that would be so annoying! Yeah I'm going to be taking about 2 years to plan because of finances and just life being crazy. It's just hard being motivated when I have so many other things in my life to think about.
  • A
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You are totally right, just trying to take things one step at a time
  • A
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you bianca
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're not alone! I've been stressed about my wedding since I started planning it. The nightmares of everyone hating it and the cost of it all. At the end of the day, you're going to be married to the one you love, so it will all come together Smiley smile

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You are definitely not alone. I'm 150 days away from the wedding and SO. BEHIND. Still need a photographer/videographer, DJ, and cake. We are hopefully booking our flowers and decor this week (cross your fingers).

Just break it all down into baby steps, take a deep breath... and make sure your partner helps out. It's their wedding too.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I understand that!! I was 20 when I got engaged and will be 22 for my wedding. Doing the math I will have been engaged for a year and 9 months. I got engaged Dec. 30 2017 and had Ukrainian Christmas on the 7th... SO MANY family members were asking "when is the wedding?", "is it open bar?", "will it be in the city?", and my absolute favourite - "where is the ring? OH! You proposed to him?? Why didn't he do that??"... I bid you good - luck! Just know we are here if you need help or just to vent and get support when it comes to that.

Oh, and don't be surprised by another common question of "Are you sure? But you're so young!!"... ya, I know, I'm sure, I love him.

• A
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe yes I haven't even gotten started with planning, just knowing how much there is involved scares the pants off me. But j will definitely make lists and dates for things to be done. And I love all the help I can get!
  • A
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so kindly! I have not set a for sure date just because I'm not sure if me and my FH are going to be able to save enough in time. We want at least a year to save and then another year to book things. We don't mind waiting for however long to get married we are young. But it does feel discouraging when we don't have a set date.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh yeah! Don't worry! I've had a few solid break downs over the amount of stress I go through haha! I always bounce back but there have been a few times I have full on bawled my eyes out in the shower! But again! Moods and emotions pass and you get back to it! I find having a list and a clear idea of what I want to have done and by when helps keep me grounded!

Also I agree! This place is fantastic to read that others are experiencing the same as us and can find great tricks and ideas!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't feel discouraged!! We all get stressed and anxious about it! Completely normal.

It's a lot when you look at the big picture, but if you make lists and try and put things into group chunks then it goes by a lot easier and funner too!

Try and get the big things all out of the way and then perhaps take some planning time off - you've got loads of time so I would just look into getting a venue, food, and whatever is on your most wanted list. After that, the other vendors don't book up nearly as fast.

You've got this!!

• A
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe thank you so much! I know WW is definitely a life saver! And Pinterest is great for ideas an diy it's been fun finding ideas it's just a matter of putting it all together.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have only just started to get nervous about it all. I'm WAY ahead of the ball, but this is such a busy year for me and my fiance's new work schedule means limited weekends to devote to wedding planning...
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Money has been a huge thing for me, so I completely agree with the jitters and some anxiety with that.
    I have no problem budgeting the wedding and all that, but balancing it with everyday stuff and things we want done at home need to take a back seat. It’s a bit difficult!
    Honestly I was overwhelmed when I started. But then I found WW and started reading back through discussions and participating in them and my worries are gone! Just know that you aren’t alone through any planning and there is tons of help here!!
  • A
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much yes I was thinking to start a savings account for wedding payments I like that idea a lot

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The stress and anxiety is normal during the process. Financially, budgeting your costs won't be as easy and balanced with other things to divide among home and more.

Vendors may be flexible to make payment plans as you can make them as you go. The other is by opening another account for wedding payment and ensure you transfer to your actual account to pay them directly as needed.

Organizing and communication may make your stress level come down to making you feel better and not as anxious once you know which direction your heading.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics