Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Frequent user February 2020 Ontario

Seeking advice from Winter brides!

Liarra, on April 5, 2019 at 01:30 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 4

Hi guys,

So I've just purchased my gown and I'm super excited. It is nothing at all what I had initially envisioned but it is absolutely perfect for me. It is an A-Line Satin gown with buttons all the way down my back and train (rather long).

So here's the dilemma...
We are getting married at 7pm (February in Ontario - lots of snow and cold) and doing photos before the ceremony. I have always wanted outdoor snowy wedding photos but now I'm super concerned with getting watermarks on my gown/train before the ceremony. I know Satin usually gets watermarks pretty easily and I don't know a work-around for this.

If anyone has suggestions I'd love to here them!

*the only thing I have found online is "put a white sheet between my gown and the snow to avoid it getting dirty" but I dont know if this would work for wetness and if it could be Photoshoped out of my photos.*

4 Comments

Latest activity by Liarra, on April 8, 2019 at 04:27
  • L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks guys!

i have inquired with my photographer but so far she hasn’t replied. We were planning on doing photos at a public park, so if this remains the plan I may have to look into getting a protective layer sown in or a blanket for underneath. I’m also going to look into other places in the area that may be a little less wet but with a snowy backgrounds. Thanks for the help ladies!
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Liarra!

Excellent ideas from the previous posters and definitely worth looking in to.

Have you spoken to your photographer and asked what previous couples have done to preserve the dress? I'm sure he/she may have some tips and can advise how they can help from an editing/photoshopping perspective!

What type of shoe will you wear?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well yay that you found your dress though!! lol

As for avoiding water marks I would say your best bet would be do have the blanket under where you walk, taking pictures on bridges/ places with no snow, or maybe there is someway a seamstress would be able to put a protective layer under the train?

If id does get watermarks though I did a quick google search and here's a link to trying to get it out: How to Remove a Water Mark on Satin

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would talk to your photographer about cropping the sheet our blanket out! I had a friend get married in February and she had this one spot where she got photo's done mainly and it was a gazebo(lol not sure of spelling but its a wooden structure that you can stand under), she had it like patted down dry and luckily wasn't a snowy day. Is there places you could take photos were you have the snow look but there is some type of ledge your standing on so looks like in snow but not? or could you put some type of board under your feet with the dress to keep separated. See if your hubby or someone could do an oval shape that way its not rectangular and easier to hide

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics