Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Curious July 2020 British Columbia

Ring Bearer

Megan, on January 26, 2020 at 23:18 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7

Where did you have your ringbearer sit/stand during the ceremony? (we do not have a flower girl)

We have debated having him stand with the bridal party as he is an adult (with down syndrome/autism) or have him sit with our family.

He would be okay standing or sitting for the duration of time. We are just unsure, and dont know what to do.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Amy, on January 27, 2020 at 14:40
  • A
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Amy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm renting a bouncy castle for the kids to come down do their stuff sing a song then go and play Smiley smile
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our 6 year old flower girl stood up with her mom (who was a bridesmaid) during the ceremony and our 1 1/2 year old ring bearer was sitting on his dad's lap in the front row.

You could do whatever you want, if he's comfortable standing, let him stand. If he'd prefer to sit (so he's not up front), let him sit.

My brother is 22 and has autism and he was a groomsman. He stood up with the rest of the groomsmen, but had a chair set aside for him if he wanted to sit (didn't need it for the 15 minute ceremony lol) so you could even have a chair for him if he decides to sit day-of - just make sure he's standing at the end so he doesn't have to walk in front of anyone.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have a flower girl or a ring bearer - but we would have just saved a seat for their parents in the 2nd row or something and have them go to them to sit down. Since he is an adult I would say that depending on the type of person he is that you could either have him stand with the GM or have him sit down in the first couple rows?

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My nephew was our ring bearer, he sat with his Dad (not in the wedding party) during the ceremony.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think most people chose to have their ring bearers sit with family after they walk down the aisle. That's what we will be doing but ours is 5 years old haha. If he ends up wanting to stand with his grandad and brother who are both in the wedding party then we will let him stand with everyone else

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't have a ring bearer at our wedding. If he is ok with sitting in the front row with the family, he can pass the rings when needed for the ceremony.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had ours sit with their parents after they walked up the aisle.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics