Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Devoted October 2019 Ontario

Reception Decor

Amanda, on July 31, 2019 at 10:25 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

Ok ladies, our wedding is less than three months away and feel like i'm forgetting things for the reception.

We have: all table linens, tableware, cake stand, table numbers, centerpieces, ceiling decor but I feel like I'm missing something and honestly can not remember. What did/are everyone use to decorate their reception.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 12, 2019 at 16:42
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A chair for the bride and groom?

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have the money box and a guest book? stands for the table numbers? chairs or chain linens?

• Karine
    Curious October 2019 Quebec
    Karine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Seating chart, name place cards, menus, napkins, table for favours or table for your cake/dessert, card box, guestbook (or in my case a photo guestbook!), little signs perhaps for your bar or a mr and mrs signature drink, small backdrops, decorations for other surfaces (bar, dj, favour table), fairy lights or candles for mood, high chairs or boosters for children!
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe map out a drawing of the Reception Floor Plan and mark places where you want decor to be to figure out any blank spaces that you may add decor into. Or if you are forgetting something Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bar decor ( we are doing flowers and garland with a funny quote)
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also any lighting like string lights or fairy lights
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Signage, favours table set up, guestbook set up, card box set up, centrepieces, flowers/vases/garlands, seat covers, lanterns or picture frames, candles and candle holders, cake table set up (cutting tools and cake topper)
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well they aren't required in order to have a successful wedding - but there's no harm in creating a new discussion asking the community for some ideas and if you like one a lot then why not?
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We dont have those yet but they are on out list of things to pick up. In loving memory is something I totally forgot about
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are also stuck on a hashtag.. not even sure if we need one but it seems so common now l.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have most of the main things, and others have mentioned some you could be missing; cake topper, guest book, card box, in memory of, and signage for gifts, guestbook, hashtag, seating chart, favours etc.

Are you planning on having a backdrop for your head table (if you're having one)? It's definitely not necessary but may be a nice touch.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did minimal decorating.. I did put some pictures of us around though - a few of our favourites from our engagement shoot, and one of us and our dogs. Do you have any signs? like for table seating? We framed our hashtag as well and put that down... Guest book and sign that went along with that.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everything Tori said, any signs you may need.. Welcome signs, Please sign our guest book, take a favour, signature drinks, seating charts

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cake topper? Do you have the guest book, card box/cage/etc., in loving memory stuff?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics