Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Re-gifting Wedding Gifts

Stephanie, on November 18, 2017 at 13:20 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Did you receive a gift you want to re-gift? Or, something you aren't quite sure what to do with? What was the most unpractical/weirdest/ugliest/unusable/don't know what to do with this gift you received?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 20, 2017 at 14:53
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That should be fun and not realizing ot was given to you. I have re gifted for christmas time since it saved time and effort.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my husband's aunts gave us a family history/genealogy book that she made. It is just a bunch of internet print outs from places like Ancestry and the print job is terrible. We cannot re-gift it and the only reason we are keeping it is to potentially find out more about my husband's family.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were given salt and pepper shakers in the shape of an avocado and its pit. Cute, but not practical at all...still not sure what to do with it!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Aunt Gladys got me these tea light lamp things that hold candles, that had clearly been used and the little lamp shade parts of it were greasy and just dirty. The actual part that held the little candles on it was really nice, but the rest of it was not and we had to act like we enjoyed it because we opened our gifts at our morning after brunch and my Aunt Gladys was there.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't got married yet! But I'm interested to see if this happens!
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    True! That would be terrible!
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just remember to keep a note with each of those gifts of who it came from, so you don't accidentally re-gift it to them :-)

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We lucked out that we got things that we didn't have and loved. The rest of the gifts were monetary, so that helped out with the wedding costs.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm sure we'll get some things we'll want to regift. The good thing is that since I'm getting married so young, a lot of my friends are still yet to be married, so we'll have many regifting opportunities!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics