Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rosalyn
Devoted August 2018 Alberta

Pre-wedding crisis πŸ˜‚

Rosalyn, on July 14, 2018 at 02:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 25
So. For 20 years I have wanted my nose pierced. Always chickened out but I’m thinking of getting it done next Friday, 30 days before the wedding. Am i crazy?

25 Comments

Latest activity by Rosalyn, on July 17, 2018 at 21:27
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don’t worry everyone! I’m not going to do it
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't do it. With your wedding day so close, try not to do anything dramatic. Don't change any habit you have been doing. Don't try out any new makeup brands which might give you acne or allergies etc . You don't need to add more stress to your life right now.

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't do it.

Seriously.

You're running the risk of it getting infected and looking gross and being painful... don't do that. Wait until after the wedding.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just make sure to be careful to who you go to. Nose piercings get infected easily and that's not the look you are going for, for you wedding. Smiley smile If it's what you want, go for it!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My mum did that. She took it out and let it heal over for the wedding pictures! She never ended up getting it redone because she wasn’t super bothered about it after the fact, but she considered it.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also... my cousin got her nose pierced and it got bumped, and baby cyst formed next to it and looked like a wart on her nose... just a little "worst case scenario" story if you're at all still on the fence Haha.
    I actually had my nose pierced last fall, and when we got engaged I took it out. I decided I didn't want facial piercings in my wedding photos... (I have tattoos, visible in my dress, so it's not a straight edge thing... more so something on my face).
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As many people said, I'd wait until after the wedding. I got my nose pierced in the fall (again, low allergy season) 4 years ago now but I took 12 weeks to heal. I also got infected really bad and was on antibiotics for 10 days, which made me feel so bad, I had no energy! Everyone is different but it would not be worth risking. If you've wanted it for 20 years, 30 days of waiting isn't going to impact your decision lol.

Also I don't think you're completely crazy, I got mine done at a time in my life where I I felt like I wasn't in control and getting my nose pieced was something I could control. You're feeling stressed about the wedding and other people trying to control it for you. Take a break and do something for you. Go for a walk, have a date night with your FH, even just for a few hours Smiley smile

• Rosalyn
    Rosalyn Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thinking back, this is the same for me!! Haha I think I just want some sort of control in this time of people trying to control the wedding!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    100% for me all of my tattoos and piercings I have gotten in fall because less allergies, less exposure to sun! It's a good body healing time!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re so right!!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn’t even think about the allergies etc!! Thank you!!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re totally right!!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So right!!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So right not worth the risk!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m so glad you all talked me out of it!!!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    True! I've had a few friends who were quick healers but the majority of people I know took much longer... just so close to her wedding I'd hate for her to be one of the slow healers...
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just wait!

I've had something like 17 piercings in my life (mostly in my teenaged years), and my nose ring did not heal in 30 days. Don't compromise your wedding photos over a nose piercing!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Crazy! I've had lip in 2 spots,nose on both sides and eyebrow and never had an issue! 3 weeks always seems to be the magic number for me. But I guess that proves everyone is different!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've had 8 piercings in my day all over my face... it will not be healed in 30 days trust me! I've taken 2 out that were on the surface of my face and scars are left now too!
    I would honestly wait. A nose piercing is MUCH better to get in fall towards winter when allergies are lower because there is nothing more aggravating than having the sniffles and a sentivie piercing in the way.
    As others have said your body might also reject it (my eyebrow piercing rejected twice) and if you plan to wear heavy makeup on your wedding the piercing can get in the way as you want to keep the area around it as clean as possible for 4-6 months.
    Honestly just wait it out the month! It can be a cute date idea with you and your new spouse to go out and get it done after!
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just wait the 31 days! Because what if it gets infected? Then that's in your wedding photos! Sorry friend, but it's a bit crazy Smiley winking Maybe, if you're worried about chickens out later, make an appointment for after the wedding so you have it set and ready to go!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would wait personally, heaven forbid you do have some sort of reaction, that’s not going to be great in your wedding pictures. I would say do it after the wedding, that way you know if something goes wrong it’s not going to be in the pictures.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Like Tyanna mentioned, it most likely will be healed by the wedding.. but with my personal luck I'd print get like the worst infection and that close to the wedding scares me lol
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very valid points!!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You might be a little crazy, but who doesn't love a little bit of crazy..right?! Lol
    I mean it's not a terrible idea, but there is a few things you'll want to consider..
    If it happens to get infected that will lengthen the healing process meaning more time where you can't wear makeup..now if that happens to be around the time of the wedding you may have a bit of an issue..
    Also again with the healing process, everyone heals at different speeds so you may heal within a couple weeks, you may not and you don't want a raw, red nose on your wedding day..even if you are able to cover with makeup it may be a bit uncomfortable with that fun healing itch and scan..

If you're feeling it then for sure go for it! I personally would wait till after the wedding for those reasons.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do it! It will be mostly healed by then Smiley smile just get a small stud or maybe change it to smaller one after 3 weeks so it's not allyou see. I love having my nose pierced

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics