Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bianca
Master August 2019 Ontario

One Year Away!

Bianca, on August 4, 2018 at 00:15 Posted in Before the wedding 0 61

I'm so excited and a little nervous that my wedding is officially under a year away as of 15 minutes ago! Where has the time gone?!

Has anyone else had that "ah ha!" moment when they realized that their wedding date was fast approaching?

It's eating me up like butterflies and getting me all excited Smiley smile

61 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on August 22, 2018 at 20:05
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's a really special feeling planning and waiting for the wedding! I can't imagine what it's going to feel like when it's over.

• Holly
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just can't wait to get married! Timing goes between super slow and flying by!!!

• Lacey
    Beginner August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Lacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Planning is going really well! I have my ceremony and reception space booked, photographer booked and engagement photos done, dj booked, I have my wedding dress, started ordering decorations and have our wedding party confirmed! I’ve also discussed with my hair dresser about having her do my hair and have to narrow down my make up artist choices! I’m a teacher and have been on summer vacation for the past two months which has allowed me to get a lot done.
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you very much. All the best to you with the planning and on your special day!!!

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha yeah I am definitely feeling that. I need to get my vows done lol then I will feel a lot more calm!

• Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wouldn’t mind. I kind of feel the wedding is more about my culture. I feel sometimes I wish he wanted to include more so it didn’t feel like just my wedding.
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe it's for the best that he doesn't want to include anything from gaming since it might clash with your cultural aspects lol.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm feeling a little stressed too since I can't believe how much there is to still get done! The countdown timer certainly doesn't help since it's a constant reminder that the day is approaching and there's so much to do!

All the best to you wedding weekend twin!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

18 days is super close! I think the moment you're at would be just butterflies in the stomach 24/7 until it happens lol.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely lol Mine is 18 days away and it just all of a sudden appeared. Seemed so far away before and now it's here. It's definitely exciting but also nerve-racking!

• Maya
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think we may do some cake pops. Probably 50 cake pops, 150 cupcakes, and then the cake for the wedding party. It has more significance for me as it’s part of my west coast culture. I have been asking my FH what he wants to include, but he said he doesn’t know anything. I even asked if he wanted to incorporate his gaming hobby into the cupcakes, but he said no lol. Not much more I can do if he doesn’t know what to include.
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel the same way. I even started feeling stressed out. I hear that the time will fly by from now until the big day. Time to get lists going and get organized!!! Enjoy and all the best!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those are some beautiful images that I'm sure have some big significance with you and your FH. Please do cake pops! I feel like they're under utilized considering they're so, so delicious!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've got a lot of the bigger things done (ceremony space, reception location, DJ, photographer, florist) and I just need to begin with the finer details. I still feel like I'm working at a good pace but now I need to get the next phase of planning going lol. I know over the next month I'll be making some big decisions that will be executed over the next little while.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There's definitely pros and cons to a long engagement versus a short one, just about the way you look at things. I've been planning for so long that I'm getting tired of it. I just want things to happen! You've had less time to think about things, so of course there's going to be questions you haven't thought of!

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our engagement will only be about 14 months but it is going by way too fast! I feel a little sad, I am looking for things to plan but I don't really have much until we get closer and I can just make sure I have all things finalized. I Also get anxious when someone asks a question I hadn't thought of.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I hope I'm on the ball with everything haha! I figure that by now, if there's anything I haven't thought of it probably isn't important! I will definitely be posting after the wedding - and after the honeymoon too! (we're going two weeks later!)

Do you feel like you're in good shape? Do you have a lot to do? I hope it's all coming together nicely for you!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm so excited for you that you get to have the wedding of your dreams! I totally understand the pressure of people attempting to push you into doing things you don't want, it's not always as easy as saying "no".

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nothing specific!! It was almost more the... its LESS than a year that got us hahah!
  • Maya
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m pretty excited about cake tasting. We are doing mainly cupcakes and maybe cake pops. The cake will just probably be a 2 tier cake that will be for the wedding party. I’m guessing she will have samples of the different flavours for us. We also will be designing our cake and so we will be bringing images and what not that we like to make our cake. I do want something west coast on our cake like this sort of design. I have to see what can be done because that will be fondant so we will have to choose a flavour to sweeten it up. I’ve watched a lot of dessert shows like sugar rush and zumbos just desserts and learned a lot about making cakes and cupcakes and balancing flavours. Time seems to be going by so fast and I’m so ready for our wedding.

One Year Away! 1

One Year Away! 2
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That makes sense since you already have kids, it would be a lot more paperwork! I'm glad your FH was okay with you doing whatever you wanted. Smiley laugh

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I told my FH we should come up with a last name, but he’s very proud of his last name. Lol. He was ok with me doing whatever I wanted. I will change my last name to his because I want us to have the same last name (we have a daughter that has his last name plus my step daughter) it would be too much considering we already have kids haha. But I adore your idea and commend your husband for his open mindedness
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Gina! Most people I've talked to think it's so cool! Only a few comments such as: "What does your FH think about it?" have come up but it was actually his idea so I tell them that lol

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just wanted to say how amazing and sweet that is! I’ve never known anyone to do that, and I absolutely love it!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    To make a long story short lol, I basically got pushed into doing a lot of things I didn’t want to do / pay for. And the things I did want were met with a constant criticism! I’m way to much of a people pleaser, and because of that, I lost the want to even continue planning my wedding. So FH seen how I was feeling, and we at that moment decided to do the wedding we really wanted. And not listen to anyone else lol. So we are getting married in the Rocky Mountains! It’s our favourite place and we go there every year. So I started to email the hotel. We wanted it to be a less expensive time so people wouldn’t have to pay too much to stay there, and during the summer the rooms were already sold out (it’s a very popular hotel) so we decided April would work great for us! We could have went with November, but road conditions can get ugly there and I didn’t want to be engaged longer then We already planned. Lol. Planning a wedding 4 hours away definitely has its downsides, BUT it’s been way less stress!! And we are back to being excited
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha I'm glad I could aid in you having your AH HA moment! What made you change your wedding date?

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I’m super relaxed, just slowly crossing things off the list, I’m loving it. It doesn’t feel too close yet but it’s really not that far either!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah! the world is definitely changing, which is great!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Seems like his family (and you both) have found ways to keep his family name alive in a respectful way. I really like how you said it was his idea, it's really reflective of our changing world and it's amazing how he's into that. My FH would never do something like that lol.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When we decided to change our wedding date and location the counter went from 460 days to 318 days! Panic definitely set in when I seen that lol. I didn’t even start looking at wedding dresses at that point! Now we have 255 days left. I never really had that aha moment until right now, while I’m writing this post! Haha. I am glad the engagement is not so long. I’m excited for the wedding to get here!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

He was the one that suggested it actually, he's progressive and thinks I'm not the only one who should change my name lol.

People's reactions have ranged from indifferent, super excited about it (especially our more progressive/feminist friends), to Really?! The only person who raised a bit of a stink about it is his dad about carrying one the family name (which is fair). His granddaughter has his name, his daughter still has his name and isn't planning on changing it soon, and he has an unmarried son that's not my FH. If we have a boy, we'll use his name as either a first or middle to honour his name, although our nephew is already named after him (middle name)

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Eeeeeep!!!! The year goes by sooo quick!!! How exciting!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics