Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Master August 2017 Ontario

Mother/son dance

Chelsea, on October 26, 2016 at 17:43 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7

Hey everyone! Just wondering some ideas for mother/son dance for my fiance and his mom. His mom had a stroke a few years ago and almost didn't make it through. She is now paralyzed on her right side and has trouble talking and can't walk without assistance (maybe only a couple of steps on her own). I would like to try and help him find a song that is special and meaningful to them as I know his mom will want to have the dance still even though it might be a struggle for her and this is her first child to get married (she has 3 total).

7 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsea, on November 3, 2016 at 19:48
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so great that your FMIL is determined to do the Mother-Son Dance! Make sure there are lots of tissues handy! My fiance and his mom plan on doing "You'll Be In My Heart" by Phil Collins. (Yes from the movie Tarzan Smiley winking ) I hope you find the right song! Keep us posted!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No not at all! I think those are some creative ideas that I could bring up! thank you Laura!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you thought about having something where your mother in law is seated for the dance you could do something with wheels where he wheels her around (wheel chair, office chair) or something silly like have 2 rocking chairs out on the dance floor where your fiance and his mom just sit and chat and rock during the song. It's okay if you hate those ideas just some off beat things that popped into my head.

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mitch really only listens to Christian music now a days... His mom doesn't really listen to much of anything! So it is hard to really know what they would even like! I know Mitch worries about her falling or getting hurt so I don't think he is sold on the dance but I know his mom will be stubborn and wont want anything getting in her way of the mother/son dance! I will definitely check out those other posts and look into the songs more!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Chelsea Smiley heart

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to your mother-in-law! I'm really glad that you are trying to make this moment special for them and find the right song for their mother-son dance. It's so nice of you!

Music can be so personal though... What kind of music do they both like? Do they like country music?

Brides gave a few suggestions in these posts:

Mother/ son dance

WeddingWire Brides Playlist 2017

I think you'll also like these pictures they're so cute!! Smiley love

10 beautiful mother-son moments

What does your groom think about the mother-son dance? What music has he always listened with his mother? Is there a song that makes him think of her?

Did you also know that last sunday was national mother-in-law day? Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Chelsea! Here are a few suggestions:

All to You by Scott Keo

Do I Make You Proud by Taylor Hicks

Mama's Song by Carrie Underwood

Greatest Love of All by Whitney Houston

You can also ask his mom if she has a song that is really important to her, she may really love being included in that decision!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics