Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valerie
VIP April 2017 Ontario

Inviting the officiant to the reception

Valerie, on September 6, 2016 at 10:14 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6

So it occurred to me that inviting the officiant (and his wife) to the reception would be the polite thing to do (heck he is marrying us! I think I can make room for 2 more). But my question is, do I just mail them an invitation? I'm not sure why that seems so odd to me, I guess because I don't really KNOW them.

What did you all do? Did you invite your officiant/JOP/minister/pastor/whatever? And if so, how?

Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on October 3, 2016 at 10:30
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our officiant is doing several other ceremonies on our date, s will not be attending our reception.

I do think it is a nice touch to invite them though!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Valerie,

I believe it is up to you if you wish to invite the offiicant to your wedding although it is a nice gesture. We will be inviting our officiant to our wedding as the officiant knows my fiance's family and are aquainted with them.

• Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be hand delivering our invitation to the priest that will be marrying us. We are regular church goers and the priest saw us grow from teens into adulthood
  • Elaine
    Frequent user May 2017 Ontario
    Elaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi val! nice to meet you! Smiley smile i don't think you have to send them an invitation. i really agree with inviting them to your reception, i think it's the right thing to do, but you don't have to mail the invitation to let them know. maybe hand them the invitation in person? or just tell them?

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Emilie! That's an excellent point, I doubt he'll be able to come (he told us he books multiple weddings a day on Saturdays) but I think the gesture is still really nice.

We're having a non-demoniatial civil ceremony. The officiant is the perfect mix of humour and serious and the first draft of the ceremony he wrote up for us is just beautiful. I was apprehensive spending so much money on the officiant (he's more than double what I had originally budgeted for), but after hearing his work I decided it was completely worth it!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Valerie! Smiley heart

I don't think you have to send an invitation but I would send one anyone anyway! I'm sure he'll appreciate the gesture and it will make it even more official that he is also invited to the reception. Plus, your invitations are so pretty, I'm sure if you send him one he'll remember you more than any other couple he ever married! Smiley winking

I'm curious about the type of ceremony your having. Tell us a little more about how it will be. Smiley smile

Who is your ceremony officiant?

Civil, religious or symbolic wedding?

Where are you celebrating your reception?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics