Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Super July 2019 Ontario

Invitation help - Ceremony and Reception on same card

Jennifer, on December 6, 2018 at 10:56 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18

Hey lovely WW community.

One to save some postage and printing costs money, I want to put my ceremony and reception info on 1 invitation. they are at different locations. and not right after the other. (as long as its not too crowded). Two. I hate a ton of inserts on invites.

I am struggling to find good examples online. The majority are "reception to follow".

If anyone has done this, or seen this, please share away for me! Smiley smile

18 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on January 10, 2019 at 00:39
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooo be sure to post it when you have it ready! I'd like to see how it looks Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup! we have a wedding website too. so detailed info is there. and we are doing an RSVP through the site

i think its just a matter of choosing the right fonts. i know for myself. i hate when i have like 5 different inserts in an invitation. it means i'm bound to lose one.

• MacKenzie
    Beginner February 2020 Alberta
    MacKenzie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am glad i'm not the only one struggling with this. There's too much info to share! Are you doing a wedding website? I am not one for "extra" things; but have determined this to be the most efficient way to pass along all the info that won't fit on the initial invite.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha.

we are doing it all on one. my friend is a graphic designer and designing my invites. she said she can make it fit/look great.

we will have a details/rsvp card. saying rsvp to the website and accommodation info.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh goodness, I have the same issue but didn't realize it until this moment. I guess a "details" card will be suffice for directing people towards the reception?

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ended up doing an invitation and a details card. We did online RSVPs so we still only had 2 pages.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's probably better to put it all on one too... Honestly, I'm appalled at how many guests (at least half a dozen) have told me they have lost the invite, didn't see the wedding website on the details card, or straight up haven't checked their mailbox in 2 months to see if they received the invitation at all....

Guests are aggravating, so making it as simple as possible for them is good Smiley xd

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohhhh. I like that layout. and how its separated. but doesn't look like too much info.

I was talking with my graphic designer friend the other night. and she said its no problem to put it all on one invite.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I saw your colour was silver... but this one caught my eye... Haha. Ignore the lines and blue box... It's on Vistaprint.

I did an invite and one smaller details insert. My stuff is the dark blue ones...

InviteInvitation help - Ceremony and Reception on same card 1

My InviteInvitation help - Ceremony and Reception on same card 2

DetailsInvitation help - Ceremony and Reception on same card 3

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did the wedding and reception on one card at one venue.

I have seen cards with reception to follow or cocktail hour and reception timing with the second location.

Suggestion: trifold invitations allow you to have all the information over individuals
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oohhhhh. so pretty. I need to save this for my graphic designer. Smiley smile thanks

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My future BIL did that and everyone made it to the reception! If you’re doing your RSVPS online it’s easier because they’re forced to look at the website.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about something like this that splits the bottom in half, and puts the details of the ceremony on one side and the reception details on the other (I know in this example they put the cocktail hour info on the right and still use the "Reception to follow" convention you don't want, but it could just as easily be reception info!)

Invitation help - Ceremony and Reception on same card 4

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had debated about that. but people would be just....confused I feel. hahhaah

• A
    Newbie August 2019 Alberta
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered my invitations on zazzle. The back was plain so I designed something about my reception on the back
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm wondering if you could get away with "Reception to Follow" and adding the information on your wedding website only?

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did the same thing - put both on our one invitation. Here's what the back of ours looked like:

Invitation help - Ceremony and Reception on same card 5

For you, you could just use "Reception to follow" and not put in 'Immediately after at'

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My invite place had some samples that included both ceremony/reception on one invite.

Not sure if her website has samples like that but she’s amazing - I’m sure you can send her an email and she can email back a sample!

https://rainbowinvitations.ca/contact.html

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics